I think 5v5 is ruining VG for me

I tried LoL, HoTS, and DOTA, and I’ll be honest - despite how great HoTS is, it feels kind of… cheesy? I am trying to find the right word to describe it but can’t. It just feels a bit off, like it’s trying too hard. I love Blizzard, though, was never a big WoW person but loved Warcraft back in the day. Starcraft and Diablo were my jams. I play Hearthstone, Overwatch is cool. And I believe that the whole combined universe of HoTS is very neat but it’s just too damn cheesy.

I didn’t click with DOTA, can’t say why. LoL is definitely a lot to take in, I totally agree with you there, but it’s something we could get better at with time spent. I suppose such is the way with most things. Except skateboarding. I suck at that no matter how much I try.

4 Likes

Cheesy in what sense?

There once was a baby in the land, he fell in the drain cos he could not stand <— character limit purposes

Ostentatious is the best word I could come up with, but not necessarily pretentious. Like in my quoted text, to me it feels like it’s trying too hard. I have to also add that I by no means dislike HoTS. I just can’t play it for very long because of that impression it gives me. Most Blizzard work in general gives me this feeling to a degree.

oh okay, but gameplay and all it’s okay? I asked because I thought it might be gameplay related like in VG I think Reindeer Fort is cheesy, well any themed stuff in any game is just cringe for me. I thought in HotS there might be effects that are cheesy or something.

Gameplay is fine for the most part. Playing as some huge demon and hopping onto a horse is cheesy to me akin to the idea that gift-wrapped Fortress is cheesy to you, if that makes sense (not including a lot more). I also think gift-wrapped Fortress is cheesy - but that skin has easily the best sprint animation of any hero in that game, hands down.

1 Like

Yeah Snow Joule is probably the best skin in the game BUT GET THAT CRINGE FEST AWAY FROM MY EYES! :rage::rage:

1 Like

I cringe at most holiday themed anything though, regardless of the holiday. Most.

I think you just made me realize I’m racist. I never really thought of the CNY stuff as cringy. Oh wait but the summer stuff www.ewwwwwww.com

:thinking:

It’s an expression of how i feel XD

LOL is honestly one of the simplest moba on comp in my opinion, dota is much harder. But the meta of LOL is currently shit, and the LCS is boring af.

I don’t think you are playing correctly. Split-pushing and rotations can allow you to singly handedly bully opponents.

2 Likes

If you want to be a hardcore moba gamer go for dota 2, dota 2 is so hard for newcomers, but once you get the basics, you will get addicted to it because of how complex the mechanics that you haven’t discovered yet. Every single match feels so different. That’s why many dota 2 players even LoL players thinks Vg 3v3 is stale because every match feels the same.

I have to say, I started MOBAs with VG, tried LoL, figuring I’d learn a bit more. It was soooooooo slow in comparison, I couldn’t take it and figured I’d stay right here.

1 Like

VG is trash now. 5v5 is way too frustrating. The game is too objective focused, but the player base only wants to PvP. There is way too much of a disconnect between the dev team and the player base.

1 Like

I am sure they will improve the new map going forward. Change monsters, more details, tweaks and so on.

2 Likes

Urrr… one of the main complaints as to why 3vs3 got stale was that too many objectives (early jungle shop, minion miner, persistent gold miner) were removed or altered in a way that served as disincentive, so there was nothing to fight over.

Now you have objectives worth fighting over, and it’s bad because people want to PvP? wut!?

I’m all for being critical, but the complaints have to make sense, at least.

8 Likes

This is an astute comment. I feel like each of those changes hurt the jungle, and despite the numerous tweaks since then, they’ve not ever been able to revitalize it.

2 Likes

If only there was some sort of “forum” where devs could actively engage with their community lol!

VG devs are instead shutting down channels, and sprinting away from their community as fast as they can. It will be the death of them.

To be quite honest, I see this as one of SEMC’s major weaknesses as an organization. Despite their small size, they have created layer upon layer of walls between the people that actually build the game and the people that play it. I do think that if SEMC fails as an ongoing concern, their poor communication skills will have been a contributing factor.

3 Likes