I hate this forum and Reddit so much

Wait why are you contradicting my own opinion? I’m just being honest here i personally prefer this than the old forums because of it’s good looking UI and it’s layout.

7 Likes

He said discord, but I suspect he meant discourse (the name of this forum software). Unfortunate typo (auto-correct?), since it would mean the exact opposite of what he meant lol.

Kind of like how you said my when I think you meant your… :wink:

5 Likes

Oh yeah it was a typo, i was trying to explain that i just personally prefer this forums than the old one.

7 Likes

I think he actually meant DISCORD because he is comparing two forums.

7 Likes

Maybe it seems awkward because there’s an actual whole site to navigate through? A whole site that you have to re-learn? Maybe it seems difficult because there’s actually so many complex features and interactive subforums that it takes a few hours of browsing and interacting to understand, since it’s not laid out for 2 year olds? :thinking:

7 Likes

The UI really isn’t that bad. I’ll admit at first I found it a lot to take in, but, as I spent time with it I became more familiar with navigating and how it works and honestly I’d choose this forum a thousand times over Reddit. Reddit’s community is disgusting. I hate to use such a strong word, and I’ve even made a post about it in the past, myself. I have since barely checked the subreddit. I can’t stand it.

If you need help navigating this site and its UI you should definitely ask for some tips, it’s far simpler than it appears to be at first.

Forget the Discord, both Vainglory’s official and the subreddit Discord are both nightmares.

4 Likes

Excellent post! It explains the same feeling I had with this new forums.

I have to agree with that!

5 Likes

I like it. It’s so streamlined and snappy…

5 Likes

No. I like it too

emphasized text

1 Like

@28thballer i like it too (30 characters)

1 Like

I cannot find anyway to do this. In the drop down there are multiple links to each thread. With names (presumably of the poster?) beside them. Clicking on one seems to yield a random result: sometimes it goes to that post, sometimes it goes to the OP. I can’t make rhyme nor reason out of it.

I absolutely love it, took a day or so to get used to but don’t most things?

2 Likes

Well yeah it took me a day to get used to it but yet confused sometimes where to navigate. :joy:

2 Likes

Forum could use some improvements but it’s way way better than expected.

The reason for Reddit as the main hub isn’t just about the circlejerk I think. Everything disappears in a day that’s the key. People get to let it out but nothing bad ever sticks. Win/win.

@Vorpalv2 I GODDAMN SAY!! WHAT ANIME!?!?!?

Also those interested, I made a server some time back that was meant for discussion only. It isn’t as active because of that but it’s got good people to start a topic with.

Sadly, I think this is EXACTLY why they are now using Reddit and Discord and Twitter.

2 Likes

Yeah it really works in their benefit. I always believed they never really listened but sort of encourage it and reply for PR purposes. I just wish people would be aware of that, that’s all :frowning:

1 Like

Honestly I absolutely hate the forum software. I stay hoping the community will be a good fit to make up for the software. Though some theme tweaking and better organization can be helpful too. Back in my middle school days I did a lot of forum admin and mod work. I personally have found out of the 6 or 7 different softwares I’ve used only 2 provided ease of mod and member use.

1 Like

What do you hate about it exactly? Are buttons hard to press? Is it unorganized? Are things too hard to find?

You could try viewing the forums a different way. I started out using my laptop, but I found out that mobile was much easier for me. (specifically the app version- where google asks if you want to add it to your homescreen.) The search function has also been VERY useful to me, and actually finds things correctly. The little hamburger button has everything else you’ll need, except for your profile options (which are all conveniently located under your picture)

To me the the reply UI is just inefficient in design. The way things are classified in sub forums makes me want to pull my hair out because of all the forums I worked with people would rather see a wall of boards with minimal sub board. Like imo each game mode should be a board with a sub board for builds and guides as each mode requires different things.

As for the theme tweaks it might just be me but I prefer a more rigid category separation with a small icon for that changes with if a new thread pops up( this especially helps when you can assign different mods to to keep watch of different boards).

1 Like

So to be clear- you’d prefer categories like 3v3 and 5v5, and then have subcategories for builds, heroes, skins, and such separate for each gamemode? The same thing for brawl modes too? That just seems more inefficient because then you’d have to search through more to find what you’re looking for. I think your standard for a good forum UI probably comes from something that wasn’t close to VG. The forums would obviously be very different, and maybe it’s just not what you’re used to? If that’s the case, no wonder you don’t like it. Sadly for you though, it’s not going to be like your other forums, because although it IS set up for efficiency, that means something different here on this forum.

1 Like