I believe Vainglory has a home on the Switch

Yeah, my daughter always wrecks when she plays Fennik. (I don’t have him because he’s not my style, but I watch in admiration as she consistently gets MVP with him.)

1 Like

How to play Fennik:

1. Pop thief’s mark
  2. Shoot a few times
  3. Walk away
  4. Win
1 Like

As an avid MOBA player who is just now giving VG a real shot I would love to see it on the Switch as well if they can get the cross platforming experience right. I played AoV pretty hardcore since it came out and loved the idea of a Switch version and then they released theirs. While it is prettier than the mobile version is, it really stinks to only play against other Switch users with a new account. I don’t mind grinding ranks but I don’t want to have to grind all the heroes and skins all over again on a new platform. I want the Switch version to be an extension of the main mobile game, not completely separate.

2 Likes

Coming back to this, does anyone have any opinions on how the buttons would work best? Or just how you’d do it? I did play the AoV Alpha, but haven’t actually downloaded the finished version so don’t know what they’re like.

For Vainglory, I’d probably make the abilities LT RT R, with R as the ult (or longest cooldown ability). Then maybe L to select/switch target. Right stick to move, left stick to select target direction. ABXY and D-pad for items + healing flask + scout cam. Plus for Shop, minus for recall. Scoreboard should be right stick so you can open it easily just before engaging (maybe use tap-and-hold scoreboard). Finally, use left stick button to unlock camera (use hold and move for it, releasing the button locks camera again).

Have I missed something? what are your thoughts? Tbh I still think joysticks (even real ones) aren’t ideal for Mobas but it’s worth a shot.