How did you get into Vainglory?

I uh…used to play a lot of mlbb (pls don’t hurt me) because I didn’t have a computer and loved LoL, and playing mlbb was the closest I felt to playing LoL…
I never really enjoyed it, so I went on YouTube and typed moba games for Android and Vainglory was the only one without joysticks that I could find, so thought of giving it a try.
Boom.

3 Likes

Yeah I quite enjoy that one - while its pay to win components are pretty darn obvious it scratches that wandering around in a giant mech breaking things itch that games like Mechwarrior gave me back in the day.

Used to play HOC (Heroes of Order and Chaos) years ago. I wanted to find a new moba to play so I just searched up moba in the app store and seen Vainglory. Gave it a try and I was hooked on it for a long time.

Former friend introduced the game to me in August 2016. We only played a few games together and we stopped talking to each other a few months afterwards, but they are the reason why I am here.

none of the options. I had seen it a lot on the app store but always thought it looked boring. Then I was EXTREMELY bored one day and decided to install it. That was a little over 2 years ago lol

none of the above.
Was searching around for a decent moba and vainglory was in the mix.
Put the game in my wishlist.
about a year later… finally decided to give it a go.
Honestly the Storm Queen Logo just put me off.

Was instantly blown away at how good the game is and wondered why it was called vainglory with a logo character that’s not even a playable hero.

If only I didn’t get put off and actually gave it a go… I probably wouldn’t be stuck in lower tiers. (about 3 months later, they started to implement the “begginer’s start at tier 4” rule.)

Also being a long time gamer, I thought the Storm Queen was some hidden hero (like Akuma in street fighter, and you have to follow a certain sequence to make Ryu turn into Akuma).

That game has become a p2w pile of garbane right now, i was really into that game but now its near impossible to be a top level player without having maxed gear and those dash bots. Some make it work, but i got no desire to run full griffin hangars the whole game.

One day I wanted to try out LoL. My PC then was utter trash, but I did have my iPad. I searched for MOBAs in the App Store and stumbled upon Heroes of Order and Chaos. I don’t remember much, but all I know is that I wasn’t quite fond of it. I found it too overwhelming.

Next up, I found Solstice Arena, a sad excuse for a MOBA made by Zynga which has shut down since 2015. Basically, it was 3v3 with no farming involved- just pure PvP. The game actually advertised itself with the fact that it was a “Pure PVP MOBA experience”. Somehow I had a lot of fun with that game, but I eventually got bored of it since it had incredibly shallow gameplay.

If you want to check it out: Solstice Arena (Gameplay)

A long time later I discovered Vainglory through the front page of the App Store, and the rest is history.

I completely stop playing War Robots once the dash bots dropped. I even stopped beta testing. The entire beta was screaming they were ridiculously OP and Pix released them as is anyway. Newer releases are even worse than the dash bots, heavy jump bot with untargetability like a Stalker. Pix didn’t care about Gepard seal clubbing, they cared that it was too cheap to do so. The best weapons require no aiming. It’s a P2W arms race for sure.

First time facing dashes was complete cancer for me. Full lvl12 hangars with full squads with orkan haechis and bulgasaris, cancer.

Advertisements lol.

It’s a joke don’t hurt me.

1 Like

YouTube, I played CoC at a competitive level (think one hive, CWL), was watching a YouTube video by jake (maybe powerbang) and noticed a few competitive CofC players were partying up in VG so figured I’d give the game a try.