Gold Toad shall be buried in the dust of history like Corpus

Surprised Birthday spilt the :coffee: about the BTS on the Gold Toad. Friend decided to send me a ss on the response and I must say…

How does a Treant float on water? I really dont see why they decided to go back on their decision but i’ll respect it. But hopefully they change it cuz treants dont just jesus walk on water from what I know :ozo:

7 Likes

Rip, it’s bittersweet to see that :goldtoad: was officially scrapped. On one hand, it’s sad to hear that it’ll never see the light of day, but on the other, at least we got some closure on it.

1 Like

It’s amazing how … less than forthcoming … they’ve been about the whole thing. I find it interesting that in general, their first instinct is NOT to be forthright about decisions they make. Smh …

5 Likes

Smells like a cop out.

Everything being a treant isn’t exactly aesthetically pleasing either, not that SEMC cares I guess.

5 Likes

Yall legit said the same thoughts that I held back when I was making this post…

Im disappointed but im not surprised. We’re talking about SEMC here lmao :joy:

4 Likes

Do not Mention His name in Vain. I still Believe that he Could Come Back. The Hooves that trod on Dreams Cannot Be Restrained by the decisions of Artists, :vg_ok: .

2 Likes

How can it be a cop out when we know they put in the work to model it and everything. If you have an asset like that the only, and I mean the only reason you would not use it is if you decide not to because you don’t think it fits.

So, where did this reply came from?

Meh well they can’t change it now Inara being meta depends on it.

The problem is not the theme, but that all of the creatures are recycled and mostly the same. They can be a lot more different treants, buuut… yeah.

1 Like

Look at surprisebirthdays activity list on reddit.

It’s something not going to be sold to us so it going to take time , to be honest I was surprised when they announced the 2 dragons for the 5v5 because it was easier for them to just put the kraken and gold mine there , why the artist didn’t look at the dragons and said (Naahhhh) why it supposed to be the gold toad , because ooohhh Dragons look epic attract players , the kraken is better than the dragons combined in my opinion , just give the map new creatures instead of the treants , you just making the kraken and the gold miner look bad because they replaced while others stayed .

1 Like

They’ve finally started firing monsters too :frowning:

I dunno the Gold Toad’s model seemed like it would definitely fit the aesthetic of the rise ._.

Inb4 Corpus and Gold Toad duo hero release on 3.11

1 Like

How is it not a cop out?

They had it 90% done and then decided against doing it because of an aesthetic choice which realistically should have been made before they started on the model.

Then they casually push their promise of the toad under the rug almost a year later in what basically amounts to a tumblr post on an account nobody knows about.

Their reasoning for not going through with gold toad is weak. I understand that people have a vision for their game that they shouldn’t have to bend for the customer, but I’m sure 98% of people agree that the gold toad would be far nicer to look at than a treant. The fact that SEMC didn’t properly announce the goal toad kind of supports this; they didn’t want backlash because they know their excuse is weak.

Cop out, at least in my eyes.

1 Like

Just another example of SEMC not listening to the community. I’m beginning to think that they just don’t care as far as the community goes imo.