Funny conversation (or worrying) with a vainglorious player

Have you ever met him in game? Because it looks lile he invites everyone he meets

there is a guy called ******** he harassed every female in the vg community in EU

MOD EDIT: Removed IGN

Update: now this dude is trying to 1v1 my friend (the one who helped me with this conversation and she has her name in her ing) even if he ignored her for days after he invited her. @Chippunk , she said she will join the forums too and that she will say she’s 60 if ******** will ever aks her age

MOD EDIT: removed IGN

Here I am lol, actually he hasn’t replied to me yet . I’m gonna wait

1 Like

'not sure how I feel about the fact that this has turned from a rather strange cautionary tale involving a seemingly deeply troubled but anonymous individual into a case of public shaming and “how to best fool the weirdo”.

Is it a good idea to be in contact with this person, especially for girls (or women) who may not have experienced this sort of behaviour before? No, it isn’t. Thanks for the heads-up.
Oddly enough, you still are in contact with him. Both of you. And trying to figure out how he is going to react to being presented with false information. Which you intend to share on a public forum. That he probably reads.

And somehow it suddenly seems to be of relevance that a third party once mentioned he may or may not be living up to the standards of highest level play.

You know, there’s got to be more mature ways to deal with this. I don’t know what sort of effect confronting him would have, so I won’t recommend it, but it’s pretty clear to me that this thread has failed to produce much in terms of positive coping strategies.
So I’m going to report it, and hope people demonstrate a little more common sense in the future, rather than instigating a bad fazebook hate-campaign facsimile on these forums.

3 Likes

Folks, I agree with @Wali – this thread started out looking like it was going to be helpful as a reminder that the internet is not always a friendly or safe place, but it’s taken a turn toward publicly calling out a specific person.

I’m going to lock the topic and edit a few posts to remove the player’s IGN, as we don’t permit player shaming. If the OP wants to pursue some sort of action in relation to the episode, the right way is through SEMC Support.

1 Like