[fanmade hero] Mistral, the flexible spectre

Ok guys, I’m back with another one. This time, I wanted to create a hero that breaks the boundaries of regular roles, so she doesn’t fit into any particular one, but has traits of all of them. Interestingly, when I was creating her, I kept thinking back to Baptiste. I’ve never thought of him that way, but he is somewhere in between each role…

Also I realised Vainglory doesn’t actually have a ghost hero. And so Mistral was born. (Or died? is a ghost’s birth it’s death?)

Mistral
Role: Jungler, Melee
Fragile ghost who can appear out of nowhere and takes advantage of kills

Heroic Perk: Callous Heart
Every time a hero dies in Mistral’s vicinity, she gains spectral powers which deal crystal damage over time to all enemies in a small range around her as well as grant her bonus movement speed. These powers are refreshed and increased if another hero dies within their duration.
Duration: 7s
Range: 3
Damage: 95-205 (+10 per level) - 120% crystal ratio
Extra damage per death: +30%
Movement speed bonus: 0.4
Additional movement speed per extra death: +0.05

A Ability: Soul Tether
Mistral sends a siren in the target direction, taunting all enemies hit toward her. Enemies caught within Mistral’s Callous Heart when the taunt ends will become rooted.
Damage: 55/80/105/130/135 - 90% crystal ratio
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/10
Taunt duration: 1.0/1.0/1.0/1.0/1.3
Energy cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Root duration: 0.6/0.65/0.7/0.75/0.8

B Ability: Mist Maiden
Mistral becomes stealthed and gains the ability to pass through walls. While in stealth, Callous heart can still activate and will not reveal her, but basic attacking or using any abilities will still do so, as well as taking damage.
Duration: 3.5/4.2/4.9/5.6/6.5
Energy cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 23/22/21/20/18

Ultimate: Spectral Infestation
Mistral empowers her Callous Heart for the duration of her ultimate, giving it bonus range, healing her for a percentage of the damage dealt, and reducing enemies shield and armour while they are within it. This ability can only be activated if Mistral’s Callous Heart is active, but even if Callous Heart’s regular duration ends while the ability is active, it remains active until the ability’s duration runs out.
Shield and armour reduction: 5%/10%/15%
Range increase: +1.5/+2.0/+2.5
Heal: 25%/30%/35% - 2% crystal ratio
Duration: 7/8/9
Cooldown: 60/55/40
Energy cost: 200/200/200

So there it is. This hero was really confusing to create, and I still feel like she might not work, so feel free to rip her apart with critique. Also, more lore incoming (Nakano part two; I think you’ll really like this) so watch out for it if you’re interested!

I wonder what will happen if you just stay in the wall while using the B. Game crashes?

1 Like

I was thinking something like you get a warning (flashing ability effect) a few moments before and then it warps you to the nearest bit of passable terrain when it ends. (If you’ve ever played LoL, something like Kayn)

haven’t played that hero in League. but i see your point.

Next point - there are only certain abilities that can pass through walls, so by staying inside walls, it would grant immunity to a large majority of heroes.

ok, I can’t think of anything else to criticize.
Overall, well thought out hero.

That’s more or less the idea. As she is neither a ranged hero nor particularly mobile (no dash abilities), and I meant for her to be relatively squishy, she has to have some form of safety/escape route. Looking at it now, that combined with the movement speed bonus from her perk could lead to some quite quick relocation tho, I might nerf that bonus move speed. What do you think?

you din’t state the base stats or base movement speed, so depending on what that is, the bonus movement speed can be adjusted.

i’m more concerned about the constant CP damage over a 5.5 range, but i’m thinking it can still be countered when you notice you’re losing health for no reason, the ghost must be close by. Also the duration is sensible.

i mean, she only has 1 real damage ability and it’s a taunt. I would classify her as a Harass hero, like Tony’s taunt, it’ll be really annoying to deal with, especially if she’s in a wall. But you did say she’s squishy, so that makes up for it.

an obvious counter would be flicker. being the other hero that can appear from no where and root you.

For a hero that’s only been theorized from thin air, coming up with those stats is quite an achievement. Obviously there’d need to have PBE testing, etc. to get it right.

Another point is, she’s very dependant of being around when there’s a death, so her early game is somewhat very dependant of how skilled your team is. I would say she’s a mid to late game hero.

Well thanks for complimenting my numbers skills, I generally compare them to ingame heroes with similar abilities and then adjust as I see fit.