[fanmade hero] Dexter, the ultra-range sniper

Hi y’all, I’m back with another hero! this one’s somewhat simpler than usual, but still has his interests. I was trying to perfect the ultra-range hero that everyone wants, but it’s not easy, I’m not sure he’ll work. Note his movement speed should be slow-ish (like baron maybe)

Dexter
Role: Carry, Ranged
Fragile ultra-range sniper who stays away from the centre of fights

Heroic Perk: Hawkeye
Dexter has massive range, and with it an increased vision radius, which is not obstructed by walls. However, he does not use attack speed so successfully, gaining only 50% of increased attack speed from all external sources.

A Ability: Frag shot
Dexter fires an empowered basic attack with a 60% crystal ratio at the target location which explodes on impact and sends fragments flying out in all directions. Enemies hit by these fragments will take damage and be briefly slowed.
Basic attack damage: 110%/110%/110%/110%/115%
Slow: 40%/40%/40%/40%/50%
Frag damage: 100/110/120/130/150 - 75% crystal ratio
Cooldown: 5.0/4.5/4.0/3.5/3.0
Energy cost: 40/40/40/40/40

B Ability: Barbed Ammo
Dexter fires a shot at his target, shredding its armor for 4 seconds (does not stack). After using this ability, a bullet case will drop on the ground 4 metres behind Dexter. Picking up this bullet case by walking over it will decrease the cooldown of Dexter’s abilities by 3 seconds.
Overdrive: Picking up the bullet case will reset the cooldown of this ability in addition to its usual effect.
Damage: 140/180/220/260/300 – 125% weapon ratio, 125% crystal ratio
Armor shred: 15%/15%/15%/15%/25%
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11/9
Energy cost: 75/75/75/75/75

Ultimate: Shatterscope
After a brief delay, Dexter fires a high-speed shot which pierces through the target, ignoring all health increasing effects such as barriers and fortified health. This ability has map wide range and will always hit the first target, but will also pierce through to hit any secondary targets in its path behind, as well as hitting any targets standing in the way in front of its primary target.
Damage: 500/650/800 - 160% weapon ratio, 240% crystal ratio
Cooldown: 80/75/70
Energy cost: 100/100/100

As I said, not entirely sure about this guy, but I wanted to figure it out. Leave your feedback, maybe we can get him balanced together.

2 Likes

Mmm it looks kinda similar to my old idea “Spectre” up here. Did you watch it? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

New name here: Barbed Ammo
#stop

Another name here: Through the Heart.

Now I’m not too good at math but that ult… Wowie that’s a lot of damage

Omg stop posting multiple posts and do it in one post PLEASE @LamDumbasspro

I love the overall idea i just feel like his ult should be something basic attack like the rat ( forgot his name) in LoL

Plus i think u should call firecracker -> Flashbang cuz firecrackers seem to be more recreational than a weapon

I probably did read that hero idea, I read almost all of the ones on here. I definitely based this hero around the long range sniper idea that everyone seems to want, and have seen a few other ideas for one.

Also thanks for the name ideas, i really couldn’t think of anything for the B, I’ll probably implement that in.

Enhancing his AAs to deal piercing? I guess it would work

1 Like

@Leohert123 yeah, I based the numbers on what Ringo’s and Kestrel’s ults are like, so think of it as similar to theirs. That’s also why the cooldown is relatively high.

@RiseChu tbh, as much as I love enhancing abilities, I prefer this guy having one massive snipe. He’s meant to be the ultimate long range sniper, so I feel he should have that map-wide ult.

Actually, I’d like to have the A and B’s armor shred combined into 1 or B altered according to the description cause explosive ammo explodes, sending fragments flying everywhere to deal damage like a frag grenade and armor-piercing rounds are usually made of very hard material, for example tungsten, to penetrate armor.
Ps if I’m not wrong that’s the first hero idea of this new forum.