[fanmade hero] Cinaèd, The stony druid

Here’s another hero idea I came up with, as I was bored in a free period at school.

Cinàed
role: Captain
I based this hero on the king of the Picts Kenneth MacAlpin

Heroic Perk: Circle of Stones
Cinàed’s abilities place standing stones on the ground. These stones last 45 seconds each, and when placed close enough together, these stones will link up via a magical barrier. Enemies walking through the barrier will be stunned for 1.0 seconds. However, when Cinàed uses an ability to place a stone, all abilities will be put on cooldown.

A Ability: Empowered
Cinàed places an “empowered” stone at the target location. This stone grants Cinàed and his allies bonus attack speed when near the stone. Placing two “empowered” stones will not stack their effectiveness.
Overdrive: Reduces the base cooldown of all Cinàed’s abilities to 10 seconds.
Bonus attack speed: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
Cooldown: 15/15/15/15/15

B Ability: Enlightened
Cinàed places an “enlightend” stone at the target location. This stone grants Cinàed and his allies bonus ability damage when near the stone. Placing two “enlightened” stones will not stack their effectiveness.
Overdrive: Increases the range at which stones can be connected from 6 to 8.
Bonus ability damage: 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%
Cooldown: 15/15/15/15/15

Ultimate: Reinforced
Cinàed places a “reinforced” stone at the target location. This stone grants Cinàed and his allies regenerating fortified health when near the stone. Placing two “reinforced” stones will not stack their effectiveness.
Max percentage fortified health to max total health: 20%/35%/50%
fortified health regen per sec: 5%/5%/10%
Cooldown: 15/15/15

So there’s his kit. The numbers are all changeable, I’m not sure how they’d actually fit in. Notice I didn’t add energy cost to his abilities, I felt that if one ability puts all on cooldown energy wasn’t exactly required. Tell me what you think, and ask if you have any queries.

Seems intresting but for any bit of useful i feel the stones need to either last longer or slightly better cooldown. I say this because to use his ability to the fullest in a teamfight would require setting them up to secure a escape route or to block a escape route

Yeah maybe. I just felt if you made the cooldown any lower it would make him op with a CW and some other cooldown Items. Think of it this way, by connecting 3 or more stones you can create an effective Gauntlet with a 11 or so second cooldown

if they last for 30 seconds and they have a 15 second cooldown until lvl 8 that is not really very good. apart from that it is a nice kit. how about you make the barrier that gets connected between stones as well do something for allies? like increase movespeed or reduce cooldown or heal

Maybe if you make a full ‘circle’ of stones(3 or more stones connected to have an inside) it could have an inside buff for allies. And like other people said, lower cooldown. Maybe a special basic attack or something, one that throws stones that linger for five seconds.

Remember that the stones themselves provide a buff, so connecting 3 of them would overlap all 3 buffs for the ares within the circle anyway. I don’t really want to lower the cooldown, because he’d be able to just spam stones and therefore walls everywhere. However you could increase the time stones last, to say, 60 seconds?

remember that it’d actually be more like an 11 or so second cooldown, considering you build cooldown items. Even so, I’ve increased the duration of the stones to 60 seconds. The Idea is that his early game is to drop an empowered stone and provide some extra ganking pressure, and then later in teamfights make a choice of whether to provide assistance to the crystal or the weapon carry. The stun isn’t really meant to be useable until the late game.

1 Like

what would be the range of empowerment of each stone? same as the range of connection? 6 and 8 on overdrive?

i feel like it could be easily evaded early game… and very annoying late game…

with a 11 second CD… and a 60 second period… you can effectively have 5 stones up at any one time, each one with a 8 range… meaning a line of stones spanning 38 range… each stone gets the buff from each connected stone, so each stone would have all 3 buffs all the time, because only needing 3 different stones to get all 3 buffs…

A poop strat would be push MidLane all the way forward using these stones, since he provides attack speed, CP damage and Re-enforced health… all other heroes would only need RAW WP, or stack the CP damage to astronomical levels.

Team up with a Lorelai and a Samuel… this would be the most OP tactic ever.

1 Like

This is exactly why I originally set it to 30 secs not 60. Also, I purposefully didn’t put a number on the range of the buff because I didn’t know what would be decent, although I think 6 would be maximum, all the way through to lv12.

well, since each ability is 15 CD, 3 x 15 is 45 seconds… one would assume this would be the most balanced number… you can comfortably set 3 stones and even if it does get reduced to 11 seconds with items, that would mean a total of 4 stones at any one time…