EdAWACS Hero Idea: Glacius

Hey, this is Ciderhelm and welcome to the Vainglory Hero Spotlight. Today we will be looking at Glacius, a cold-hearted revenant awakened by the destruction of Trostan seeking his weapon.

Link to the artist

Glacius is a lumbering warrior who hinders his enemies mobility while dishing out some serious damage in return. While vulnerable to high mobility heroes and backline ranged carries, Glacius is capable of weathering the storm and ensuring a cold reception for his enemies demise.

Glacius’s Heroic Perk is Frostbite

Whenever Glacius strikes an enemy that’s been SLOWED or ROOTED, he deals an additional 25-120 (Levels 1-12) (+120% crystal power) damage with his basic attacks and abilities. If Glacius hinders an enemy’s movement his ability cooldowns are reduced by 1.0 seconds.

When Glacius buys Frostburn, all of his abilities gain an additional effect

BASE STATS (Levels 1-12)

Health: 750-2475
Energy: 230-538

Armor: 30-85
Shield: 20-60

Weapon: 75-148
Attack Speed: 100%-136.6%

Range: 2.4
Movespeed: 3.4

Glacius’s First Ability is Freezing Strike

Glacius strikes his enemy with an empowered basic attack that applies on-hit effects to the target and HEALING Glacius. If Freezing Strike is cast from 6 meters away, Glacius will instead LUNGE towards the targeted enemy with the ability’s damage and healing strength reduced by 50%

• If Glacius purchased Frostburn, every 3rd normal basic attack will apply Frostburn’s SLOW and deal bonus crystal damage.

Cooldown: 8.5s/8s/7.5s/7s/6.5s

Energy cost: 60/65/70/75/80

Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 CP Ratio: 120%

Frostburn Bonus Damage: 10/35/60/85/110 CP Ratio: 50%

Heal: 40/60/80/100/120 CP Ratio: 40%

Glacius’s Second Ability is Permafrost

SELF CAST: Glacis generates a field of frost that that deals crystal damage to all surrounding enemies in a 7-meter radius, SLOWING them for 2 seconds while granting a burst of Fortified Health to Glacius for 2 seconds. Fortified health strength is increased by 5% for every enemy hero damaged by Permafrost

ENEMY CAST: Glacius targets an enemy hero, dealing the same amount of crystal damage to the targeted enemy, BUT applying 150% of the SLOW strength to the target for 1.5 seconds.

• If Glacius purchased Frostburn, Permafrost will ROOT instead of slowing enemies.

Cooldown: 13s/12s/11s/10s/9s

Energy Cost: 85/90/95/100/105

Damage: 90/150/210/270/330 CP Ration: 70%

Fortified Health: 110/125/140/155/170

Slow strength: 15%/20%/25%/30%/35%

Glacius’s ULTIMATE is Glacial Cryptum

Glacius freezes himself in a crystalline tomb placing himself in STASIS for 2.6 seconds. While in STASIS, Glacius is immune to all damage and crowd control; but cannot use basic attacks, items or Freezing Strike. Glacius can activate Permafrost while in STASIS with the ability’s effect lasting 1 second longer and dealing increased damage.

Glacius can cast his ULTIMATE on an ALLIED hero with the same effect but lasting only 1.8 seconds.

• If Frostburn is purchased, Glacius’s basic attacks will passively SHRED enemy shields by 2% with the effect lasting 4 seconds.

Cooldown: 80s/70s/60s

Energy Cost: 90/120/140

Permafrost Damage Bonus : 20%/30%/40%

6 Likes

Where’s that one dude who’s always asking for ice mages?? This hero sounds super cool, for real

1 Like

I have no idea who was asking for ice mages since we already have Reim in the game and he’s a pretty good ice mage. I just thought up an Ice Warrior and happened to have a really good name for him and there was his kit. Often times I just start with a good name in my head and go from there.

What do others think? @ThePinkOtter @hazeleyes @MacAulay @RiseChu @coltonJW

1 Like

The B’s root should only apply for the enemy cast, but I think make it that regardless of Frostburn, give the frostburn another effect for that ability.

otherwise not much I can say! I’m not sure about giving items extra effects (I’ve never liked LoL’s Ornn for that reason) but I think if it only affects Glacius himself it works. With those abilities, I can see a FB AC build working quite well on him.

2 Likes

I like the permafrost skill, ult should be a 8-9 meter stun for that last longer if enemy is in permafrost…or a slow buff like 70% slow or a damage / defense increase