EdAWACS Hero Idea: Blomnvoss

Hey, this is Ciderhelm and welcome to the Vainglory hero spotlight. Today we will be looking at Blomnvoss, a dwarf engineer who constructs defensive emplacements to zone enemies.

The designer of Sovereign’s Rise’s defense systems, Blomnvoss has joined the fight in order to test out new modifications for his creations personally. Angered by the lack of respect accorded to his creations. Blomnvoss is prepared to invest a considerable amount of effort to teach enemies to appreciate the hard work he does.

Sometimes death and pain are the best teachers.

In the game, Blomnvoss is a utility based engineer who excels when operating close to turrets. With good defensive potential, the dwarven inventor is can siege enemies or deter foes from closing in.

HEROIC PERK: Royal Commission

All allied turret kills against enemy heroes, minions, and monsters will generate FULL gold for Blomnvoss if he is within 7 meters of that turret.

• Blohmvoss can spend 300 gold to repair 5% of a turret’s hit points with each basic attack.
  • If Blomvoss runs out of the required gold he cannot use this effect.

BASE STATS LEVEL 1-12

(MELEE)

Health: 568-1978
Energy: 370-764

Armor: 20-75
Shield: 20-50

Weapon: 43-148
ATK Speed: 100%-125%

Range: 2.4
Movespeed: 3.4

FIRST ABILITY: K-90 Doris

Blomnvoss deploys his mini-turret Doris at the target location that lasts for 30 seconds. Doris automatically targets enemies within range, has true sight and laser designator on its attack target.

• Doris immediately targets whomever Blomnvoss is attacking or being attacked by.
  • There can only be 1 Doris on the field.

OVERDRIVE: Doris gains a shield that reduces the damage it takes by 50%

Cooldown: 22s/21s/20s/19s/17s

Energy Cost: 130/150/170/210/250

Turret Health: 650/750/850/950/1050 WP Ratio: 50%

Turret Damage: 155/185/215/245/275 WP Ratio: 155%

Turret Defense: 50/60/70/80/100 WP Ratio: 10%

SECOND ABILITY: Induction Field

Blomnvoss deploys a 4-meter power field at the target location that lasts for 6 seconds and grants bonus energy regeneration to himself and nearby allies.

• While inside Induction Field, Allied turrets and Doris gain increased attack speed and their projectiles explode in a 3-meter radius dealing 60% damage.

• Each rank in this ability increases Induction Field’s radius

OVERDRIVE: Turret shots and explosions apply weapon effects to enemy heroes when Induction field is active.

Cooldown: 13s/12s/11s/10s/8s

Energy Cost: 45/55/65/75/85

Energy recharge per sec: 0.5/1.5/2.5/3.5/5.5

Turret bonus attack speed: 10%/15%/20%/25%/35%

Bonus Radius: 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5

ULTIMATE: Reconstructor

Blomnvoss targets a turret near him and starts channeling for 3 seconds before applying one of the following effects to them. The targeted turret loses true sight and cannot attack during the channel.

• Doris: Doubles the range and damage of the turret. Doris also gains the ability to launch a volley of 4 Halcyon Missiles with every 3rd shot. Turret duration decreased by half.

• Destroyed turret: After the channel ends Blomnvoss constructs a new allied turret on the wrecked turret.

• The cooldown of this ability is TRIPLED when used on a destroyed turret.

Cooldown: 95s/75s/55s

Energy Cost Per Second: 100/135/150

Halcyon Missile Damage: 85/130/175 WP Ratio: 50%

Halcyon Missile Slow: 20%/30%/40%

THANK YOU FOR READING THE BLOMNVOSS HERO SPOTLIGHT IF YOU WISH TO SUPPORT THE AUTHOR PLEASE COMMENTATE DOWN BELOW.

2 Likes

About time you (or someone) came up with a structure-based hero! I really love the concept.

Initial reaction: I’m okay with most of it. My gut was to say his ult was OP in regards to rebuilding a turret, but then again, if he’s not careful, it seems he could be vulnerable to stuns and getting ambushed while channelling? If not, he should be. I’d also make sure he can only respawn the turret closest to the crystal in the lane (due to the fact that turrets are invulnerable until the proceeding turret is destroyed).

Finally - what are your thoughts on editing/reworking an ability so he is able to “deconstruct” enemy structures, creating a true “sieger” in this game?

2 Likes

I mean I did say it was a channeled ultimate so I felt I didn’t need to add the fact that it could be interrupted.

I didn’t really have an idea for a deconstruct ability in his kit. I, however, did have an idea for an ability to convert enemy turrets into allied turrets. For both of those abilities, I feel would make Blomnvoss too powerful. Plus he’s the inventor of the turrets, doesn’t make sense for him to deconstruct them.

the only thought is how his perk work

• Blohmvoss can spend 300 gold to repair 5% of a turret’s hit points with each basic attack.

So there is a toggle button for me to turn on if I want to tap on allied turret to fix it? Or is just an auto fix as I tap on damaged turrets? what if I’m in a middle of a battle near a damaged allied turret and I tap on the turret instead of enemy who happen to stay very near the turret?

1 Like

It’s an auto-fix if you tap on allied turrets. If you tapped on the turret instead you will heal the turret if you had 300 plus gold.