Do you play on a phone? How is the mini-map treating you?

No blue name for me…

Look I and several other pbers said about a million times in 5v5 development - it would be good if the minimap location was choseable because I prefer my minimap in the location I am used to despite whatever theoritical advantage there is to having it on the “wrong” side.

I was told again and again that it was best to produce the best version of 5v5 rather than ensure consistency across game modes. In my opinion giving the consumer choice is better - but that does require more programming time which is very scarce.

There was some compromise on this - for much of the testing activatables were only locatable on the left side, but they made this user customisable.

Likewise I pointed out that pings were harder to use further away - but the map took up too much space when they were around it.

I am hoping it is an element that will improve with time.

Yeah sometimes I need to ping like 3 times to get the location that I want, and that confuses the other players lol. Perhaps when you select a ping, they could zoom in the map a little for you to put it on.

Something that I’m not a big fan with the layout on 5v5 is the location of the potion. I sometimes press it by mistake when I want to press skill A.

1 Like

It’d be nice to be able to adjust the sensitivity for the mini map. It moves way to fast on a phone. Or I just need to learn how to use the camera unlock button. lol

1 Like

I do the same. End up spending a whole 5 seconds if you need to make multiple pings in different locations

I play on a phone - a Pixel XL which is one of the larger phones. I’ve gotten used to the location of the map now, and I’m able to pan around some what effectively although the sensitivity needs some adjusting. Also trying to scroll to the top lane closest to the enemy base seems very difficult. As others have said though the pinging is very broken and often results in a ping right next to my hero rather than an intended spot on the map.

1 Like

I hate when I drop a ping on the mini map but it actually pings through the mini map onto the actual map. Ugh.

4 Likes

i liked ml’s approach, tiny minimap that enlarges when pinging.

I have a Pixel XL. 5.5 inch screen. I guess I’ve really gotten used to playing on phones (even though I started on tablet) but I have no problem with the mini map. Whether it be to drag the camera or send pings even though I have fat thumbs

Yeah, I have to go into freecam to make the tele boots work as well.

My heal flask is pretty much useless for me for the same reason… Usually just before a fight too.

1 Like

Okay the map on the left side makes it very hard to view certain spots. Very bad with teleport boots to click fast. I play on an iphone 6, not the large one. It is a lot more convenient on the right side.

I just upgraded to the P2 XL wanted the bigger screen. Hahaha… My thumbs are still fat. But I am getting used to the new map placement.