Can we please get a "stop over extending" ping?

I’d like to know where you got those numbers from. It would be a toxic shit-show for ragers, and the worst part is: While you have to mute the screaming troll, the other team has working voice chat by default.
While you think this would decrease toxicity, it actually increases its impact by a magnitude.

1 Like

I forgot pings or simply texting will get rid of the toxicity right? What’s your point? Why do I have to provide numbers where in 3 different streams now semc has stated that there aware of the community requesting better communication via voice chat. Do you follow the streams? That’s my source… Also the toxicity amount would remain the same… It’s the same situation, mute and report the toxicity as it is with pings or messaging… The only difference is now when there isn’t toxic members we can actually communicate for better team composition and strategy especially with 5v5.

I’m still waiting on a valid reason as to why pings and or messaging would be the better choice as the mute/report function will always be available. I’m open ears.

Preprogrammed text will be understood.

Voice chat depends on the level of understanding. Also i play silently 90% of the time can’t talk to my tablet in public can I now?

So we can provide a better team composition and strategy via pre added text which BTW is already in the game and the community is requesting a better way… Also, nobody is forcing you to voice chat. Turn it off and hit up some solo q and resort to your pings as those will still be available.

Also, I’m not sure where you live but here in the USA I’m more then welcome to talk to my phone in the majority of public areas.

Try SEA tho. Not a lot of English and a crap ton of other languages.

1 Like

The point is that parts of the community are requesting it, and you are misconstruing that to mean “majority”, because you happen to be in favour as well.

Look, voice comms offer a competitive edge. That makes them mandatory, if added to the client, because obviously the team with significantly better coordination wins.
If I have a troll on my team, I can still win 2vs3 - as long as the other team is lacking coordination. Give them voice chat, and it’s over.

Worse: If I refuse to use voice (or can’t), my win-rate will suffer as a result. That’s inevitable, and it’s shit, because it separates the player-base into those who do use voice and get an edge, and those who don’t

SEMC listens to majority of the community, they wouldn’t suggest better communication because 10 percent of players complained… So we shouldn’t add voice chat because you don’t want to use it? Esports, guild wars and team functions should be disallowed the right for better commutation because your not apart of the majority who wants there voice heard. I’m still failing to see the logic, I’m sorry. Not adding an important feature to a team game that requires communication for better team play seems rather ridiculous in my opinion… It’s like playing squads on pubg with no voice chat… God forbid I wanna tell my teammates that I want to hit up the enemy jungle without spending 15 seconds to type it out with my keyboard taking up half my screen and possibly dying from it and using a ping isn’t exactly the best function as it could suggest I want my team to go to enemy jungle with me.

Same story yeah.
30 characters…

LOL! Good one. Guess I must have missed all the petitions to shut down the official forums then.

But it’s fairly clear by now that you are not willing to accept arguments coming from a different angle, so let’s cut this short.

2 Likes

The different angles I’m experiencing so far is EU has several languages and you just don’t want to use voice chat… Which is fine, some players won’t.

The majority of the community would like free skins too, should they allow that aswell? You’re comparing apples to oranges right now…

I’m sorry but the only acceptable logic I can foresee as of right now is it causing decrease in latency or performance from poor programming…

We have free skins… We still do. That was the worst argument you could have chosen…

I was clearly stating the community would like the skins to be free as a whole… Rather then grinding for 2 years for 15 skins… What your referring to as free skins are promotion events that happen from time to time which is actually a mix of rewarding people who play and marketing strategies…

And even if it wasn’t the best analogy it still hasn’t taken out the fact that you don’t want voice chat and eu uses several languages so voice chat has no purpose.

I stated I’m open ears and I ment it but the logic just isn’t there yet. It’s a team game, not a 1vs 3 game. Communication is key, bring on the voice chat!

Like I said the only flaw I can see at the moment is poor performance or latency, if that happens then by all means boycott the voice chat.

But communications will not inprove with a language barrier.

If the other team is lucky and has one unified language they get a clear edge…

Voice chat will add rng to communications. Will I get lucky or not. No thx…

Sounds like the same chance of you winning a game right now without voice chat… lol.

I have been playing a little bit of AoV here and there, and I can’t begin to tell you how absolutely pleasing it is to see someone get rocked trying to type out their flames only to get murdered mid sentence.

2 Likes