Cain Unlockable with Glory

Quickly before they patch it out :^)

That’s weird. Wonder if it’s intentional. I went ahead and bought him with glory, since I’ve got loads of it around.

1 Like

They’ve made mistakes before. Safe to assume it was a one of then lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they revoke Cain from everyone who bought him with glory and return the purchase.

Though it is nice to get him already, I dont want them (semc) to lose out on some :money_mouth_face:

I don’t think there’s any chance they’d do that. More likely, they’ll just fix the error (if that’s what it is) and make everyone else wait a week or two (or whatever it is now).

Are yall android? 4.1 is still working for me

You can use either the 4.1 or 4.2 clients right now, because the servers are running both versions – that’s how the “zero downtime” deployment works. After a couple of days short while, they shut down the 4.1 code and at that point, 4.1 clients can no longer connect.

EDIT: corrected time span in second sentence

1 Like

Is this a new thing? I don’t remember this in the past

Ever since they went to the “zero downtime” deployment system, that’s how it’s worked.

I said “a couple of days” above, and that was true when they first started deploying updates this way. They may shut down the 4.1 server code much sooner than that nowadays, given that they’ve done this a bunch of times now.

1 Like

It forced me out before the update hit the App Store. They are pushing people off sooner than they did in the past.

1 Like

:+1: Can confirm – looks like they’ve already made the changeover. (I tried using the 4.1 client on my phone.)

I miss the dev streams on updates + if delays happen they answer questions, talk more about meta, new content, future plans, show games and joke around. Now… twitter post and 3h wait. :confused:

Yeah, same. I actually think the updates went better when they had the downtime streams – but that was back when Playoff was there. He loved the community and fought to keep the communication lines open. There’s nobody like that there nowadays … obviously.

4 Likes

He got also quite the characters around him @ that time + feel like even the people currently still at SEMC and the founders where more “cheerful” back then.

1 Like

Update: Caine is no longer unlockable for glory.

2 Likes

So it WAS a mistake. Not really a surprise, I guess.

3 Likes