Buttery Smooth?!?

With all the focus on 5v5, I haven’t seen much discussion of a few issues I’ve encountered in 3v3 since 2.12 (and which are now worse in 3.0) – the main one being the horrific and unpredictable drop in frame rates.

I have had several matches in the past 2 days where the frame rate has dropped so badly and for so long it was like watching a cheaply animated cartoon.

Anyone else seeing this? It can’t be my network, because I haven’t seen it happen in 5v5.

2 Likes

Nope only issue with 3v3 are the broken power pick hero’s…

For christ sake ppl don’t let them get CP Vox!!

I’ve been getting those frame drops for a while now too, and my wifi is really stable. It’s pretty annoying. I also sometimes get this thing where I crash right after the 5v5 loading screen and a bot takes over my hero.

1 Like

now that you mention it… it did happen once… but i shrugged it off because I rarely play 3v3 these days…

it was like i instantly froze in time and teleported 5 seconds into the future. With no explanation of what happened during the 5 seconds…

I thought it was just my device issues, but now that i think about it… 3v3 ran perfectly smooth before the update…

Paat couple days, I’ve been seeing comical numbers - saw 42,789 fps just last game. My network is just fine and runs everything else to perfection.

Yeah, I’ve noticed significant drops in frame rate when I play 3v3. The real challenge is actually getting into a 3v3 match within the scope of my patience. 20+ minutes multiple times just for solo queue is ridiculous.

time for the buttery smooth meme to come back

1 Like

Servers are probably overloaded while the engine isn’t optimized yet.

29 minutes lol, I have been getting some 5-6 min waits in soloq, pretty annoying

i just had a ranked 3v3… before joining my ping was under 100ms… in game, stayed at a constant 350ms…

how lovely to have such bad ping on top of frame rate drops…

needless to say it was a total loss. Even the enemy felt it… just camping outside our base after all turrets down… farming KDA.

SEMC better get their server fixed. upgraded. I don’t freaking care if they need to bribe an alien race for better technology… just fix the goddaym lag~!!!

1 Like

Just to make this clear, and help with isolating the issue: Frame rates (usually) have nothing to do with your connection, be it ping or packet loss.

A frame rate drop is the result of a graphic rendering problem.

I have not played proper 3vs3 matches, lately, but noticed nothing in brawl modes. So this might be a device-specific issue, if indeed related to GFX-rendering.
What I did notice, however, is terrible server performance, which resulted in rubber-banding, freezes (not frames, just gameplay) and complete connection losses.
This may look similar, but being precise about it helps the folks at SEMC with searching in the right places.

2 Likes