Black Cat Flicker and Trick or Treat Malene

@DIMTI He dissing ur boi

I think it has to do more with the fact that some balances that need to be made in 5v5 will completely destroy 3v3. Bring back slow on Blackfeather’s B, boom he’ll be good in 5v5 but straight up broken in 3s. The BF mains that play 3v3 are having a hell a lot of fun in that map especially with his CP path. People think it’s trash but really what made him good before hasn’t changed at all. The slow removal didn’t affect 3s as much because the map is small anyways. If they were gonna get out, they would have.

I feel like the next patch is gonna bring a lot of tank killers and as 3v3 doesn’t have the same problems as 5v5 a change targeted towards one mode will destroy the other.

3v3 suffers from too much damage, 5v5 suffers from too much tankiness.

Map being slower doesn’t make the lack of slow any better. It’s very hard to chase if enemies have good coordination (yes you can “chase” if you just instakill carries by landing all abilities but that doesn’t count for longer fights). But more importantly BF can not kite away from Krul, Rona, Glaive, Reim etc like before. That’s huge.

2 Likes

Yeah it does. If the map is bigger the turrets are spread out further which means it takes longer to get to safety compared to a smaller map where turrets are closer and if you were a position relative to the bigger map. I’d arguably say that mid lane is the closest to 3v3 lane we can get but even then it seems bigger.

If enemies have good coordination and you’re chasing you should be expecting death. Chasing when someone is right next to you is fine but if you’re chasing when you are out of range it’s just stupid. But BF was able to do that. Any BF in a lane where there are minions would just there A as a speed boost on the minions and slow with On Point. Overdrived your A? Well that minion you killed gave you your A back meaning you can use it again to catch up. Now that sounds like it’s a high skill cap procedure but it really isn’t because of his A being a targeted ability.

And the guys that he can’t kite from are his counters. It only makes sense. I’d say that BF can still kill Reim with SF and maybe even Rona too. Glaive can possibly be kited with your B still because he doesn’t really have any low cooldown dash/speed boost abilities. Krul should be able to hard counter him. Think, melee hypercarry/poke mage assassin vs game’s best duelist?

1 Like

I didn’t say 5v5 slow is less important. I said lack of slow in 3v3 isn’t any less important either though. Rona, Glaive, Reim for example aren’t supposed to counter him. He’s the best duelists in the game (or was). I still kill any of them, including Krul if it’s a team fight. He’s actually really good into Krul as long as you do not 1v1. Anyway, his counter in 3v3 was 2 very high DPS heroes like Skye and Vox were. He could kill both of them but not in a teamfight. Duelist’s weakness is good team fighters? Makes perfect sense to me.

Now he can still just kill any melee besides Krul in 1v1 but he struggles against squishies who should be easy targets for him. And in team fights warriors’ CC, even soft CC like slows, make it even worse for him to chase squishies. And again, he was THE BEST chase hero. You can’t just make him trash at his own playstyle. Petal is one of the most trash heroes right now and has been forever. Imagine they out of nowhere change her entire kit and make her a warrior or tank. Even if she’s top meta perfectly balanced it wouldn’t make the change good.

2 Likes

Ok but jokes aside I’ve been wrecking with Ozo lately