Bickering About Malene's Design

Silver peak design? WHAT?

among new release… the peak design vainglory came up with is Malene… since then nothing can top that… kit and design wise…

1 Like

Malene is just an oversatcked kit, nothing new. I wouldn’t even put her in the top 20 of all heroes in terms of kit. Just because she has that many things doesn’t make her kit a good design. Design… meh, I don’t like her that much, I find others better. She has also one of the kits I enjoy the least.

Fun =/= good design, for example, most people say Kensei’s design is horrible, but for me it’s one of the most fun heroes. The “form swapping caster” thing ended up being just an excuse to make an overstacked kit. When she was first announced as that I was hoping a hero that truly changes, not just the same kit with more or less cc/buffs.

Edit: everyone can have it’s opinion, mine is that Malene’s kit is meh at best, your is that it’s a great design? Okey, no problem. I don’t recommend quoting me on this though, because if anyone does it to disagree will start a discussion that will most likely lead to no where.

1 Like

Im just wondering your reasoning to using the bad stigma of being overstacked than her being fun to play.

Being overstacked with CC doesnt mean its bad just because its overstacked. With balancing, her being a CC monster could be non existent if we had better balancing.

I dont plan on having a discussion that will lead to nowhere…

1 Like

You like the risk, eh?

I was talking about her being well designed or not, not if she is fun to play (which for me she isnt). Malene has nothing special, her viability comes from an overstacked kit, which makes her incredibly hard to balance and one change can make her op or weak. Due to that im unable to consider her as a peak design as Tadashin said. For me, her overall design kit wise is IMO (you all can disagree) 6/10.

The discussion that can lead to nowhere is whether or not she has a peak design kit wise, and I will never agree that she has a better design than Silvernail

1 Like

Lol… overstacked kit isn’t what i am talking about.
And her kit perfectly match with her design and lore wise.

But like someone said. The fact that she can swap form was her selling point.

I guess you find boring mundane kit interesting to you. :skull:

That doesnt make her have a good design kit wise.

So you do lol. Everyone can like whatever they want.

changing forms was only an excuse to overstack her kit, which is based mostly in pure spam of your abilities. I was expecting a lot from her, but when i tried her i got dissapointed, was not how i expected. I was looking for a hero that, once you change her form to shdaow or light, her playstyle changes too, not just a lot of abilities together. Although i can understand why you find her interesting (you are always using abilities and doing something), she is not what i’ve expecting.

2 Likes

Nope I don’t. I don’t other heros in vg roster. I mainly stick to lyra, malene, lorelai and samual. I don’t see many people playing them in SEA region and their kit isn’t sure as hell ain’t mandane. Lol

For me they are (lyra and malene). See? what you find mundane others may not. Silvernail is not mundane at all. Reza is not mundane at all. Samuel is not mundane at all, Lance is not mundane at all. You say the heroes you play arent mundane, so i can say about the heroes i play.

tenor-1

Well not to me… when I read the lore… when I knew she can swap form. I knew she will have dark abilties and I wasn’t disappointed. Overstacked wasn’t my problem the fact that SEMC designed her to be. Malene was one most hyped hero of VG.

1 Like

I know what type of hero you mean but 2 things. This way it fits her character more in my opinion. And expectations aren’t something to judge a hero. Nobody promised her to have 2 different playstyles depending on her form. That’s what some players expected. Now she has combination of abilities between her light and dark form. Fast switches constantly make her gameplay very dynamic and fun. I am not making anyone like her, just saying the fact that you’re disappointed doesn’t mean she’s a failure or unkept promise. (I know you didn’t say that and almost sure you don’t mean it. Just making my point of view clear)

2 Likes

I agree, i was just expecting something different

I knew she would have dark and light abilities, but i was expecting a change in her playstyle.

Care to elaborate how Lyra and Malene is mandane? Lyra’s kit was unique and still unique to bulwark and teleportation.

Silvernail is replication of yates/phinn instead of pull your push with ult. And trap wire is similar to skye rocket.

Bulwark = Gauntlet; Teleport = unique

Silvernai traps are unique; His ult… just because is a reposition doesnt mean its not unique, and fits very well his playstyle

Lyra’s B seems Ardan’s C. I agree about the teleport. Malene? she doesnt have anything new lol, its just a bunch of skills with cc. Her A is the same in both light and dark, but one of them roots, her B is just a defensive ability in both forms, and her C is… nothing.

Hey, then baptiste is the same as tony!

Hum… Not at all.

Are you happy? now @hazeleyes is going to split the thread becasue you decided to quote me even if i told you not to do it. :confused:
I repeat it, i wont change my mind, i can discuss all you want, but i will never agree that Malene>Silvernail.

Exactly…
Her light form of Malene
Is all defensive, slow and barriar

While her dark form is offensive,
Empowerment damage, invulnerability.

Basically her dark form is a her shadow form hence her design to fade into ground while her light, inbues.

Her C is purely swapping unless you want Semc to give her another abiltity for her C which I for one will welcome it.

Her kit perfectly match her playstyle of being dark and light.

And yes bap is same.as tony but we ain’t talking about that. Lol.

I don’t care if I am happy lmao… it doesn’t change the fact that Malene is one of the most ambitious design from Vainglory has done so far and that’s their peak VG has done so fqr… silvernail isn’t and just isn’t but hey??¿¿

tenor-2

How is an invulnerability an offensive ability???
the barrier and speed boost encourages more offensive than the invulnerability.

End of discussion.

Depends on how you play it…

Barrier and speed to quickly engage and root your enemies.
And quickly finish them off with your combo.

Dark B. Can be used to block incoming attacks or avoid stuns and back to engaging enemies. (Situational)