Assasins now still feel like fast bruisers

Nope. I mean that the damage is inconsistent. Sometimes the damage is super high but sometimes it’s super low.

In the 3 games from maybe 70 where taka was not banned, it was first picked from the first picking team and someone from the other team - dodged. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you are 3 levels and 2500 gold behind? Sure. But then again for which hero is this not the case? I mean it is your issue if that happens and you aren’t behind. You must be messing up something. Because I don’t see how Reza would be inconsistent otherwise. Give me some reason why that happens. You land abilities and he does the same damage every time. No randomness.

1 Like

Taka has the lowest win rate but highest ban rate wtf

1 Like

I build AS SF DE BM. The damage potential is there but why no chunks of damage?

Same as my boi. Mostly banned for anti-feed. He doesn’t show up in competitive play.

1 Like

Well firstly you build BM as 4th offensive item on a melee who needs defense so that would make it very very late purchase. Now if your enemies don’t build defense you’d be bursting them hard. Secondly you shouldn’t really always build SF and DE and it’s probably for the best if you don’t build both of them. Ever tried CW? And even if you want to go pure CP, even though in my opinion it’s not as good, SG seems like the best option most of the time. And thirdly you should consider getting second defense in case you’re taking lots of damage. No matter how many offensive items you have if you die in a blink of an eye you’d end up doing less overall damage. Oh and 1 more thing, what position do you go?

Always CP Jungle. I always prefer damage over defense so I build 4 offense items but still mixing in defense and buying the defense after buying the 4th items.

1 Like

AS SG BM (cp item/def) AEGIS boots, youre an assassin, spellfire gives less help to your damage than shatterglass. you shouldnt have long fights, so dragons eye is bad.

You should play top. He is muuuuch better top laner than jungler. And as I said you being too squishy might be why you don’t deal as much damage as you wish. And it makes it sense. You do damage only if you are snowballing when going jungle and with your build.

I do not play 5v5. Only 3v3.

I mostly play 3v3 as well and Reza is pretty broken. Go AS then CW then BM, Aegis before or after BM depending on how fed you are. Then MJ/Atlas or SG again depending on snowball level. His damage is pretty damn good, not at all unreliable.

I just went to watch some Reza gameplay and I was like: “How TF can the damage be that high?”

Whose gameplay did you watch? 30

Flash and Rumbly. 303030300303030

U need to utilise his perk. Thats where his birstiness comes from.

Try listenning to calm music or songs that makes ypu sleep or watch some boring videos. Thats what i do loool. Or make yourself tired by you know…( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)… …jumping around.

Relaxing songs huh? I have a song for you down here:

USSR Anthem Earrape

I wouldn’t give base stats as an indicator for what kind of hero a hero is. Vainglory has different systems that other games. SEMC has actually done many changes to make assassins feel more like assassin like without making them crazy burst machines you see in other games which is honestly healthier.

Assassins in VG are not the same as other game’s assassins, but they aren’t just fast bruisers. Assassins survive through mobility, and have difficulty dealing with sustain or tank targets just like assassins should. They simply lack the potential to delete someone on the spot which is a good thing.

They could use adjustments for sure, but they are happening, Taka just lost a bunch of base damage and got increased CP ratios which make him far more burst focused. He should never be able to one shot people because he is a poke assassin but he now has to build far more damage.

Part of the reason the changes you want aren’t happening is probably because SEMC (as well as myself) don’t see them as necessary. They make changes to prevent tank assassin builds, but are never going to let heroes like Taka tak people out in one dive, it would make him over powered and cancerous to fight, right now you have to quickly navigate in and out of fights to secure a kill. That is good gameplay.