Anything positive about MM currently?

I’ll keep this salt free. I’m genuinely curious to see if MM (specifically chaos q) has actually benefitted lower skilled players like semc claimed they wanted it to.

Playing with perma instalockers has not been enjoyable. Has that reduced for you guys?

Does angrily pinging teammates because of poor map awareness actually help them improve?

What should we do to help people get good?

1. “Playing with perma instalockers has not been enjoyable. Has that reduced for you guys?”

No.

1. “Does angrily pinging teammates because of poor map awareness actually help them improve?”

No. They just get angrier and ultimately increase their suck streak from a wonderful 0-6 to a gorgeous 2-14.

1. “What should we do to help people get good?”

Revert the casual matchmaker to where it was pre-Chaos Que, start people at unranked instead of T4, and update—and subsequently place strong emphasis on—the Academy portion of the game.

…and realize that the bulk of VG’s playerbase will never be “good” at the game much like how most people will never get a master’s degree from college or be the next Elon Musk. Your average person is just that: average. To be considered good at Vainglory is to be squarely above average in multiple psychological and physiological areas.

Falter too heavily in one of those areas and you’re not getting far in this game.

The biggest advice I could give to someone new coming to Vainglory is to decide quickly if the game is worth investing in based off of the first 10 games that they play. If you’re finding that you’re not at all willing to learn how the game works or that you find that your mean emotional state worsened after those 10 games, wipe Vainglory from your mobile device or PC and play something else.

For me, Vainglory is only moderately tolerable in minute doses and actually enjoyable with relatively skilled friends.

Nowadays, I don’t really consider myself a real player anymore. I’m more akin to a casual spectator sitting on the side wondering when SEMC’s next fuck up is going to come along.

3 Likes

Players who want to improve, will actively be searching for ways to improve. that includes googling a whole myriad of videos, pro-tips, game knowledge and so on.

Help those who ask for help. For those who don’t. well, don’t bother.

As for mechanical skill, the only sure way to help, is the old fashioned method:

one on one coaching, in real life. Forget about trying to help someone that you can’t see with your own 2 eyes.

Yes. Do this. currently, aside from spotlights, it may as well not even be there.

Private games are held by high elo players in eu every day, basically no one ranks at this point.