Anyone Playing Sky?

Not the hero, the new “mmo” by That Game Company. Over the past couple of days I have been enjoying the hell out of it. It the complete inverse of any other online game I have ever played. There is no combat, no competition, the entire game is designed to foster positive experiences with other players.

I feel like the game is best approached with little knowledge going in, but I will tell you it has some of the best graphics and art direction on mobile, plenty of social features, and killer soundtrack and audio.

1 Like

Link for those that aren’t familiar with the game …

1 Like

Thanks, totally forgot. Copied in my clipboard and everything lol.

1 Like

I played it for a stretch last week, and I agree, it’s really lovely. The art and sound are amazing. Definitely recommend it for anyone who has a spare hour and wants to get wrapped up in a dream.

1 Like

I’m curios about the future of the game. The idea of an mmo with no combat is interesting, but it creates a lack of things to do and work towards. If the game is to be all about exploring and completing little tasks you find around the world, then the things you find have to be more compelling. I would love to see more puzzles, and movement based challenges. The flying system is soo enjoyable, even just some timed trials where you have to fly through checkpoints would create so much more interest.

I’m curious too. Haven’t gotten too far in the game yet, but it seems like there’s a lot of “the puzzle is other people” potential, like teaming up to open various passages or to activate different effects, stuff like that. They do a bit of the timed trial stuff when you follow different pose apparitions, but it’s more like checkpoints than a competitive record kind of thing. It’d be neat if they had a world where you could navigate different obstacles and post up times, yeah.

1 Like

Is this the same game? Pre-registration seems available for Android.

2 Likes

Same game, currently only fully released on IOS yeah. Feel free to friend me whenever you get the game, you don’t have ign so you need to use the invite link.