Announcing: VG Community Edition

Yes. I can play 3v3 like casual, with no meta to follow, I can play everything I want.

3 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, but they never said that they will implement friends list. They said that the final solution will be that invite code that you enter to join the party.

I agree with you entirely on the general 5v5 hurting the so well polished 3v3 game, but I doubt this idea would have worked. Remember how high the demand for 5v5 was? Everyone was expecting it, and I’m sure numbers would’ve declined had it not been released. Releasing it as a different app would probably have annoyed people too (why do I have to have two apps taking up storage on my device, and double the updating to do) Not to mention that it would split the playerbase even more.

What would’ve been more interesting, and would potentially have got them more players, is having a completely unique 5v5 mode, rather than just the generic 3 lane map. I remember suggesting a 2 lane map with a large jungle in the middle, allowing for a potential 2 laner, 1 jungler and 2 captain playstyle. Regardless of whether or not this would’ve worked, it would’ve been more interesting than what’s basically every other Moba ever. Or they could’ve thought up a different design.

2 Likes

We all expected it, because we expected it to be SEMC style of doing it, i.e. unique like the 3vs3 was + polished on the same level, especially given how long it took to be “ready” (as it clearly was not).

I and I am almost certain that we all agree on the last part - they should had created a unique 5vs5 instead of the generic “safe” one with slapped heroes and items from 3vs3 directly with some balance changes. So many ideas, we even suggested map changing over time, the layout itself… guess what? LOL map now changes at some point and opens up a bit. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lets not talk or focus on the Chinese government (since that could get nasty) but ever since they banned ACNH for… some reasons. They are now prohibiting foreigners from playing with Chinese players.

That means that all the VG players that are wanting to play on the Netease servers will probably not be allowed anymore.

Rip all the non-chinese players that wanted to play on a controlled server.

This week’s dev update :arrow_up:

[h/t to @Aesthetic who posted and deleted a link to the vid 3 times :wink:]

2 Likes

I was just trying to get it to show the preview like you did but it didn’t work :sob: AAAH I’m embarrassed.

4 Likes

Has anyone else noticed new animations being added or am I just bugging. Like on Skaarf’s empowered AA, did he always have a smoke trail? And Varya’s Ult, did it always show electricity around the target like that?

1 Like

Yes and yes. Those animations aren’t new.

6 Likes

lol I never noticed them before, jeez lol. I wonder about hacking. That’s the thing about this whole thing: aren’t they still gonna have stuff like anti cheat in place?

One of the zillion questions so far unanswered due to the lack of any meaningful details about how this will work. However, as SEMC intend to continue to maintain total control over the server-side code, presumably the same mechanisms they currently use to detect & prevent cheating will continue as well.

1 Like

lol well dodging and trolling will be the thing to officially kill off this game anyway. SEMC tried to take it somewhat seriously…too late. Is what it is.

I will share my experience last time I tried to play few days ago: 3 times full draft and dodge at match start. And none of the teams got insanely bad picks, actually they where decent and fairly matched with all positions filled. Exited at that point after wasting 30-40 minutes of my free time. This game is finished, sadly imho.

lol i had a game last night where we lost first top and bot turret and my whole team quit. It was surreal, seeing all 4 players throw their hands up like that lmao.

Yeah it’s been a big issue. I have been able to get some alright games in, but I’d say 1/3 of long form games (blitz is better) have an AFK>

Original announcement :arrow_right: https://www.vainglorygame.com/news/vainglory-ce-art-event

Translation: we can’t afford to pay artists to do this, so we’ll give you EXPOSURE … :roll_eyes: Same :poop: artists have to deal with all the time.

5 Likes

Never got a twitter, can you suggest them to create a pool with all the splash arts with moving elements they used to create every update for a period of time when they still tried to lift off VG? So we can pick one of those, I recall all of them looked great and more alive… also possible suggestion is if they could do it so a random one of them is chosen when loading the game or selectable from the settings.

1 Like

They only ever provided us with the very first animated splash, which was Kinetic:

(That’s a low res version, of course, due to Discourse’s fussing about GIF sizes. Well, it won’t embed anyway, so I linked to a higher res version.) I wish they’d provided the others, as several of them were quite cool (e.g., Silvernail’s).

1 Like

They prolly have them all still, so using them all with random one loading at game start or selectable in the settings menu would be the best option. They adds a lot to the menu and feel tbh, was quite disappointed when they stop doing them and prefer every one of them vs static one.

I agree – I thought that they were pretty well done, considering that they were made from 2D still images.

Also, since they’ve stated they’re working on cleaning up the client, I wish they’d go back to the “classic” VG UI, complete with the original Northwood High font … so much more character than the current mess.

1 Like