A little Vent, and a question

Apologies - but a little vent - HOW is it possible that SO many people are SO bad and yet they got tier 10? Party carries? It’s a serious question. How do I get matched with an 0/6 Celeste that builds :vgitem_aftershock: ? A 1/6 Joule that builds :vgitem_poisonedshiv: ? A team that doesn’t draft support? A dude that one tricks Idris? SMH.

This game is so fun and so cool - but man, it can depress your soul at times. I’m not claiming I’m great. I can’t hard carry a game like Xeno, Zio, L30n and folks like that. But I know I’m good enough to help contribute toward a win. Tier 10 feels nothing to be proud of anymore. End rant. Much love to you all!

2 Likes

How? Two words: penta queue. It’s so easy to abuse the rank system people get there without really understanding the game.
The worst I saw was AS and AC celeste. Also with baron.

2 Likes

Are you sure you’re not just watching me play!? LOL - I had a Celeste with :vgitem_alternatingcurrent: as well. Maybe WE are the ones who are bad. I am going to try that build right now! :laughing:

I have decided that I just need to enjoy the game more. Have fun. Play the role I want. If we lose, oh well. VG isn’t serious enough right now where it’s worth grinding super hard. I tend to have more fun when I play with folks like @Imanoob and I don’t worry as much. Will I try to win and be competitive? Yes. But I’m done trying to correct people in chat. Just going to stay positive. Have fun. If we lose, welp, we lose.

I am really happy for the organizers of the NASL tournament, but if one of the biggest hype things going for VG right now is a community-run, $1k prize tournament (while games liek Fortnite, and heck, even right now, Brawl Stars is having a $250,000 prize pool tournament) - it’s no wonder why VG’s top talent pool is extremely inconsistent.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s the best way to look at the state of the game rn.

2 Likes

The prize pool for this year’s tournament is $33.1 million, with the first place winner taking home over $15 million :astonished:

CloudApp

Party q isnt necessary to get tier 10, the elo system is flawed you can get tier 10 with a 40% win rate you just gotta play a lot.

To reach tier 10 I agree. Which is where the problem lies. If you’re matched with high 9 and low 10, you’re playing with people with sub 45 win rates

To maintain or improve your elo at tier 10, you need at least a 50% win rate.

The other day, XenoTek made the claim you can get silver with a 40%. I love the dude, but it came across as a bit salty and it’s just not true. Let’s say each win gave you +7 elo (high end in T10) and each loss gave you -3 (low end). Out of 10 matches with a 40% win rate, you’ve only gained 10 elo over roughly 5 hours of gaming. Again, that’s assuming you’re always being matched against tougher opponents to have those elo results. Most of the time, it’s 4-5 either way, in which case, you’d lose elo at a 40 win rate.

I’ve seen people get vg silver with a 45% win rate, i could prove it to you if vgpro was still a thing.

I’d buy 45% just a bit more, but it’d be a tediously slow process. 50% seems a more reasonable statement to reach VG silver, and 55 and up to reach it relatively quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.