4th hero skills?

well, they did.

I think you’re talking about the founding members collaboration stage.

either way, you made one wrong statement, followed up by a correct statement, which is where the confusion comes in.

Lets wait 2 years until this games starts to “die” then SEMC will add the 4th abilities and say “4th abilities was always on our mind but…” :haha:

4 Likes

Lol tbh if they ever add the 4th abilities it will take a long time to balance everything

1 Like

give me a dollar every time SEMC goes back on their words

3 Likes

That would put me in the poor house hahaha

3 Likes

4th skill happens only for :joystick:

1 Like

You would be rich.

This text will be blurred

1 Like

The overdrives can lead to effects similar to talents. That way the choice what to OD will be more impactful + depending of the situation/enemy/playstyle.

So with 4 abilities will we get 18 levels instead of 12

Yup. Which is why I suggested balancing would be needed for the entire game.

Map wise objectives need to be stronger. Hero pool bigger, due to the chance of creating OP abilities will be balanced out by having more counters via more items as well.

You can’t just add abilities without considering the bigger picture.

Maybe we can finally get decent defense in the game XD

More items would be needed too to take in account of the countless situations you’d be in with all that. Ultimately meaning a bigger game file and on file

A 4th ability would be interesting. I would think a 4th ability would only make sense if they removed healing items, and status items and made the 4th ability an inherent unique buff other than the passive that provides a buff or some type of special effect on command. Or maybe the 4th ability could be a selectable talent at the beginning of the match that only lasts a certain duration and is on a long cooldown.

That would be easily workable, especially if it’s not permanent.

So you are saying make perks activatable

No. Perks would always be perks, but something outrageously power boosting or providing obscene team utility would be more what I mean. Also, removing item effects and heals is an integral part. No longer would you heal yourself, but you’d have to rely on your teamate heals and 4th abilities to heal you, if you don’t have a heal yourself. If you don’t have a heal, you get something else, like a powerful barrier with added defense, or life steal, or a massive attack boost, as a 4th ability.

Also, this would be on long cooldowns so no more pointless waiting for an enemy to use heal and you dont or vice versa. It’d be the same thing, but waiting on cool and different abilities that actually scale or provide use late game.

Also you need a slow or mortal wounds? Armor shredding? Things like proc effects? All on a 4th ability with cooldown depending on the hero.

So basically no items kinda seems a little boring being stuck 100% to a playstyle

well, there is a way to keep heroes intact and still add a 4th ability… but i’m only brainstorming, and i admit, this isn’t the ideal way i would do it…

By adding a 4th ability slot that is tied to a tier 4 item, and making it a permanent purchase that is locked in once you decide which one you want.

this could be a way to balance things without needing to think of 40 new abilities. they would just need to think of 10 activeable items.

5 offense and 5 defense. then keep adding to the item pool as time goes on. each item would counter another.

example:
Shadow duplication: clone yourself lasting 10 seconds.
Defensive would be: Defense amplification. double your defense for 10 seconds…

Obviously, my creativity isn’t at it’s greatest right now. lol. but you get the idea…

By making it a single purchase (about 3500 gold), it would be a very late game purchase, unless newbies go for it first, making their build utterly useless.

1 Like

4th hero skill: Summon Ozo

This ability is for every hero, including Ozo.

When used as Ozo, Ozo summons himself in a quantum-loop and an endless pre- and post-action representation of Ozo appears until the map is cluttered with Ozo and the game crashes.

Upon reloading the game, you will have won the match.

2 Likes

So this is like spell from LoL?

So an active item but can be a skill? Hmmm

True. It’s why I also think talents as a temporarily activated 4th ability would also be viable.

The only otherbthing I could think is an ability that activates based on kills/assists. Other than those 3 scenarios, I don’t see a place for a 3rd ability. Right now we have, generally speaking, a damaging ability, a strategic ability, and a finishing ability. The 3rd ability spot would have to fill some general role to be viable.