4.13 Balance Notes

Yup, the first half of his B looks weird bc of the lack of animations. Him sliding backwards looks really unnatural.

1 Like

It did not break his balance, but it broke his kit.

Ozo needs balance changes to make him viable, but endlessly cranking up the heal was not the way to do it. Hopefully they come up with an actual solution now.

2 Likes

Obviously you both are wrong. Its simple why he does that.

He harnessed the power of the churn which allows him to float as if he was god himself. :lyra:

Other than that, his kit feels okay. Not perfect (including with that huge knockback) but he will probably be better with more tweaking.

2 Likes

Yeah he does not feel very finely tuned. I’m going to do a big write up about this, but Rogue does not seem to know how to do ability cooldowns properly. In general they feel like other mobile MOBA, that being a 4 ability hero missing 1 ability. SEMC learned two ways to design 3 ability heroes. The first is the Primary, Secondary, Ult structure. You have one low cooldown usually damage dealing ability that forms the heroes main identity. You have one longer cooldown higher impact ability (often mobility or crowd control), and you have a long cooldown high impact ultimate. The other way they designed heroes is with 3 longer cooldown abilities, each with a higher impact, often a reactivation, or duration effect, and a shorter cooldown less flashy ult (think taka, lance).

If you look at Rogues heroes, all A/B are within 1-2s of eachother. If SEMC had designed Karas and Shin, you would see the cooldown of their As reduced, and the cooldown and impact of their Bs increased.

7 Likes

Broke his kit? Okay, somehow yes.

But i would descripte it more as an failed buff.

If Ozo does well, he doesn’t really needed the +2%.
And if he is underfarmed, then those +2% doesn’t help.

I would prefer an fix defense buff. Just give him +5 shield and armor, maybe even little more and all would be fine.

Not to blindly defend smec/rogue cause eh, who cares.
Just saying sth similar happened with Flicker when he was released, he didn’t have some walking and sprinting animations that made him look rather stiff and out of place. It got fixed the next patch. Hope the same happens with this guy, but somehow I don’t think so, just by watching some clips of these new heroes I feel like they were taken straight from a different game with worse animation work as they don’t look as smooth and organic as older heroes.

3 Likes

One possibility might be Rogue is still figuring out the SEMC engine that created vg. But I don’t know

If they fight with it for 9 months, this doesn’t bold well for the future of the game. If it has any future left in reserve past this year.

5 Likes

God I hope they fix shin. His animations (or lack of them) is awful

So I was updating VG from PlayStore and noticed that it has a Redemption Ardan Thumbnail which after update installation changed to Redemption Miho. I checked VG from another phone, and the thumbnail was of SAW instead of X Logo :rofl: What’s even the point of this? Why can’t they do the same for Menu pic? Smh

PS- The icon of VG in app drawer remains unchanged

They changed the hitbox on his A without saying anything. It hits a little further forward and doesn’t hit stuff behind him on empowerment anymore. I think. Played a few matches and it seems that way.

Does it damage in a cone, or is it a small splash like alpha’s b? Good info, thanks.

Nah it’s still the same shape as it was it just looks like they extended the unempowered A out slightly as well as the empowered one, and when you empower it it no longer seems like it does damage behind him, like it used to. Basically it looks likey shifted the hitbox forward relative to his character model so the strike actually hits where the animation shows it does.

Edit: Also For anyone who cares, they changed the size and spacing of stuff on the social hub to be more visible too.

1 Like

Was just in the App Store, updating some apps on my phone and noticed this :arrow_up:

Whoever is writing their release notes still can’t spell, and what is with the bizarre capitalization in the bottom section?

1 Like

Outsourcing stuff to non-english speaking team. This is actually quite common, even for some AAA games.

2 Likes

yeah it’s funny how they use March Madness on sales when it’s about basketball in US culture. I’m not trying to downgrade them though

Especially since March Madness was cancelled due to the pandemic.

2 Likes

To be fair they could be taking advantage of the other type of march madness you mentioned… Gotta capitalize on digital sales considering its better to stay inside for the time being.

1 Like

The Adagio changes are pretty stupid, like yes they’re noticeable nerfs to a broken hero but reducing the amount of empowered autos by 1 aint the fix, you’re usually dead by the 5th auto unless you’re some full tank tony or something. And nerfing the healing mainly hampers support adagio which was okay but nothing too special. When u get hit by a 400 cp damage auto attack the fix is pretty clear just nerf his base damage or/and his cp ratios.

1 Like

CP ratios as adagio support is known for a good aggressive start.