Would badges/titles for OG forums users be possible?

I agree with title or rank for this new forum. I was Grangor in last old forum and i always want to be a Technologist because its sounds so cool.

I would like to bring in some of the flavour of the titles as badge names. For example any of the existing badges can be renamed and I’d love to use some of the names there as long as they still communicated relevant info.

Or another option is to make factional groups that people can identify with and join if they want to.

Why not, add all the Forum Ranks als possible Titels for Everyone. You identify as undead, stormguard or gythian? Let it show next to your name.

As in, to allow every user access to the title - so if you had it in the old forums, you could use it?

yes. and if you didnt have it, you can use it as well.
that way, the titles would lose their meaning as achievemtents, but everyone can have fun with them.

1 Like

Hmmm. That’s not an unreasonable idea …

make SEMF achievement for being a super extra mad forumer

As much as I think deep down that it would be great to acknowledge old forummers in some way cough, I feel that your logic is really sound. While I always want ranks to be a way to help newer players choose which forummers to listen to, its impractical.

Even with the ratings farmers out of the picture, people get their feelings hurt way too easily at times if you don’t “choose” them. Some people genuinely think they are teaching the right thing and provide ludicrous arguments all day long. And honestly? At the end of the day, people shouldn’t be blindly reading stuff as gospel, they should be trying to actively think about this stuff if they really want to learn.

edit: Fun exclusive “titles” are a different thing from rankings, I haven’t thought about it much but I think that would be ok imo.

1 Like

I think its a good idea. I think it can be implemented fairly easily via Groups - where people can join or leave the group as they want and use the group name as their title.

Now does anyone have a handy list of the Factions in Vainglory…

And as per usual the old forums come to the rescue - so far I have these factions:

Meekos
Bleekos
Carnie
Grangor
Stormguard
Undead
Technologists
Gythians
Churnguard
House Kamuha

I suspect this neglects some of the newer ones - can anyone suggest what is missing?

Mageborn :pouting_cat:

And then there’s Lorelai, Adagio, Varya, Skaarf and the dragons and maybe Churnwalker.

Well, those aren’t really factions more so than they are species of things (Tho I guess Meekos are technically both?).

Good point - I wonder if I should switch to Species then.

I’m testing making such groups now - Could someone add themselves to the Meeko’s group and see if they can switch their title to Meekos? I’m not sure on the setting - I think I have it but I need someone without moderator powers to confirm…

I’m in the meekos group however the title isn’t available.

Rats - could you leave and then I will try something and get you to rejoin when I say

Yes I can do that for you. Just let me know.

Okay try leaving and rejoining now

testing testing am I a Meekos?

2 Likes

Okay it works but its not that intuitive I will write a guide to doing so shortly.