Which heroes do you play often enough to love them mechanically and visually?

Wow, I did not expect so many replies! All very good and solid reasons!

I think the only heroes that have not been mentioned so far are:

Baptiste, Baron, Celeste, Churnwalker, Glaive, Gwen, Inara, Joule, Kestrel, Kinetic, Ozo, Phinn, Reim, Rona, SAW, Tony, and Yates.

I can understand the newer ones not getting mentions, but the others… well, guess we’ll have to see.

Ah, Celeste … my first love! I played her exclusively when I was first learning Vainglory, and she’s still my all time favorite hero by a wide margin. Her Baewitched skin was the very first money I spent on Vainglory.

I didn’t include her in my original list because she’s not really mechanically challenging, but after three years, she remains my favorite hero of all to play.

In no particular order -

• Vox - Not mechanically challenging at all ( especially not anymore ) but the most relatable, as music is part of the core of who I am as a person and I am in love with his enthusiastically positive personality, and favorite visual, since the T3 Cloud Raider is to date the hardest I’ve worked for a skin ( damn glory boxes )

• Catherine - Nothing beats walking like a badass into an absolutely perfectly timed stun to start a team fight, while popping your B, with almost 100 stacks

• Lorelai - I think the reason I’ve played so much Lorelai recently is because I never got into her after her release. I pretty much ignored her for months - her kit seemed okay, lore was mediocre, and she didn’t seem to offer anything truly unique. I started playing her a few months ago and wow have I been missing out. Maybe it’s recency bias or maybe it feels to me like a new hero that everyone isn’t spamming, but I can’t get enough of her. If only she had some skins.

I tried to keep my list down to three so I only chose heroes that I play every single time I get on Vainglory.

bpatiste is excellent i have forgotten him. i don’t know how they could make a rare skin for him that would be better than his default because even his epic ones are inferior. his kit and theme of living off of other people suffering is excellent i really hope he can get a skin that makes him feel okay to play <level 100

Krul - O.G Season 0 mainer, over the years I’ve experimented different kind of builds and what I very much like is his lifesteal and his overall visual look.Skins also lit too.

Adagio - His heal to bonus health percentage passive is very resourceful if you play a true support build which will lead one way or another to bonus health stat on atleast 1 item, I also like to time his (B)uff ability which is very very handy if you time it right and use it on a wp hero.His skins are also cool and I dig angelic styled look although I don’t like how they placed his wings but oh well.

Reza - The unseen storm. When it’s level 6 time shits about to get crazy, I originally wasn’t a fan only since of late have I mastered how to use him and I like his burst damage and when you use the right combo most hero’s become helpless victims.His skins are good I mainly use his epic skin but I would like a more demonic styled legendary skin.

Heroes that adore me is

Lance : when you wanna play dark soul but vainglory instead, also his legendary skin is the most awesome i think

Skye : try play wp using ride or die sky and you’ll spam her till next update because the butter smooth animation

Varya : zip zap lady with global ult

Vox : i always play him using headset, the bounce sound is satisfying

Lyra : support on early, turn out into carry at late game ( only when main carry failed ) also max her ult for max range

Gwen : who doesn’t adore her?

All others capten heroes : just because my main role

1 Like

Lorelai is hands down the most fun character in the game. Her animations are top notch, her voice lines are fun (“I am a pacifist, my pirañas are not!”) , and nothing is more satisfying than breaking Krul out of a bush by snapping him up in a giant pink clam.

1 Like

You should have been there when they removed the nice ambient sounds from her B.

I was one out of the many people that liked it.

1 Like

I was there. The sounds were bugged on a lot of android devices. One of my friends banned me from playing Lorelai. We were in the same room, and it was around a minute of nails on chalkboard screeching every time I used my B. On my iPhone 6+ it just made my screen flash black occasionally. I have no idea what the bug was, but removing the sound got rid of it.

Or just bad coding :mask::koshkaeyeroll:

I used to really love Star queen Celeste, but I’ve gone off her a bit. Always been a fan of Samuel too.

Raza
When they released the pics for his epic skin, i instantly fell in love with it. and the ability effects just made it that much more stunning.

Catherine
Her winter war skin is just amazing. Couldn’t get enough of it. It was also my first SE skin i got with opals.

Kestrel
Her Kyudo skin is hilarious. The pants especially.

1 Like

Lyra
Especially Dear diary Lyra…
I love her lore with reza and samual.

Her kit is amazing and I love her too.

And 2ndly Malene…
Sassy princess… just my thing
And her lore is beautiful too.

And i love her kit… 2nd most unique kit in vainglory after lyra.
And malene trick or trick pumpkin is just love.

3 Likes
  1. Gwen with the Red Lantern skin!
  2. Koshka with Red lantern/ Kandi twirl skin
  3. Ive been falling into love with the ringo L recently.
  4. Some other favs - Vox on ice, summer cath, Ardan L