What I dislike in vainglory

I don’t think anyone here thinks VG is in a good or even stable state right now. My point was despite that in graphics, complicity, depth and general mechanics VG win against other mobile games. The core gameplay is better. SEMC working hard to lose their job is another thing. Not saying it’s not important. It is very important. But AoV and ML can’t reach that level. I do think AoV is fun though. Not just blindly defending VG. I played AoV a lot and liked it but my screen broke so I quit.

3 Likes

Guys I’m going fine maybe I got used to it! But is really need some speed movement and dynamic gameplay Screenshot_20181116-134720|690x388

I don’t disagree at all – VG is definitely a deeper game than either of the others. However, the flux the game has been in for almost a year now is a huge turn off to me (and by the looks of it*, to many others as well).

It’s like SEMC have completely lost their way: they once had a laser-like focus on making the most beautiful, deep, incredibly fun mobile game – there was literally nothing like Vainglory: stunning graphics, deep story, magnificent music, engaging characters, uniquely cohesive UI, etc., etc. Imo, their mistake was trying to appeal to a wider audience instead of keeping that focus on their core demographic. (I’m including under-valuing their supporters in the community as part of that, but it’s really a second major mistake.)

Asterisk

vginterest2

4 Likes

Yeah they gave their best to build this game and then gave double that to ruin it. Just don’t get it.

3 Likes

If you use BF there is something wrong too.

2 Likes

Yes, SEMC’s mentality unfortunately.

Yep, sadly. I used to love playing him, but then they basically deleted his kit and made him weak (as if it wasn’t enough to have his kit deleted). Since the changes I’ve played him… once.

Lol yes BF is pretty shit hero atm but doesn’t change the fact that he’s great at dodging

Try 3v3 games end in that mode within 15 minutes or so. If you want quick 5v5 matches you as a carry have to end it. The game won’t just automatically finish. Matches here can range from 13 to 55 minutes usually 25ish though.

I’m not talking about game duration when I said is slow I’m talking about game play when you playing if you compared to other moba is like VG run in slow motion and btw who said VG is hard than mobile legend maybe he play in low ranked I never see game need skills in mobile like ML

A MOBA that doesn’t require last hitting is probably not all that complex or difficult.

2 Likes

I see your point.
But the main reason why they walk slower is to balance the game. A simple additional move speed and you will be able to outrun some heroes almost carefreely.
e.g:

1. When flicker was released his slow was tremendous they have to nerf it to allow people to escape.
  2. Heroes like catherine, tony and yates will have guaranteed stuns because they will simply be too fast.
  3. Slow will have to be adjusted to keep up with the changes.

But wait, you might be thinking: “Then balance everything!” that would be tedious but not impossible. Right now as for me who played little ML/AoV I would still prefer VG because the game allows you to breath in between teamfights and practice actual “Rotation” to the point you will leave the lane exposed if you switch lanes or go home even for a minute.

TL;DR: Movespeed is crucial. Make things go fast and you will have broken heroes, broken lane rotation and unescapable CCs.

In Mobile legend there is extra gold in last hit the real but give gold too if you didn’t last hit in mobile legend game +20 mins few matches can be done before 20 mins but the fight in mobile legend is more complicated and hard you will be die before you realized what happened to you for this is need skills and quick reflex VG is better balanced hero and game play for this I like it but I want make it hard a bit and make it better experience I play 10 match I’m skill tire 6 is not that hard but whatI figure out game have bad matchmaking low skill tire with high skill tire I know because not many players play but developer should work to make the game more popular they done great job with graphics music style but is not about this mobile legend popular even with bad graphics the cause is supported by all phones even who have 1G Ram can run mobile legend but in VG you need at last 2 GB and high storage too and the marketing part is suck with developer company in Moba or any online game PVP is not about how many download or how many purchaser is all about keep players play daily and keep new players come look at YouTube video compared ML video with VG video we need to help game we can all make marketing for game I’m not good with social network but I hope people have this experience and love the game help it for example post good video in YouTube with highlight make it titles new moba for mobile ,best moba in mobile , moba with multi platform …I don’t know but developer need too to spending a money even In a loss but they can Compensates later mobile legend wasn’t first moba but they got in with stronger budget and for me they success believe me Chinese better in economic staff the same game VG if they sell it to Chinese company it will have better success because is deserve better than 10 million download Stupid thing to have principles in Business activity you should do what Consumers want not what you want, if majority want something you have to make it the Chinese games have better social experience in game the majority want chatting in game have public chat can upload them pic …etc you have to make it who care if they will be many toxicity and trash talk no one obligated to use the chat and you can muted who you want and too something other the joystick control suck and the spell control suck too they need improve it and many things if they ready to listen I can tell them many things for make it global world game but as I said if they can got a good budget

Many of your criticisms are spot on. And many of us have been begging SEMC to focus on such things as the out-of-game experience for years. Vainglory used to have a very passionate community, with a number of content creators, community boosters, and 3rd party API developers all working to promote the game. They spent about a year and a half ignoring the pleas of those folks, and unfortunately, many – if not most – of them have moved on to other things.

I think there have been signs lately that they’ve realized their mistake, but I think they no longer have the resources to fix it.

3 Likes

Look game in 2016 look at dynamic gameplay stutterstep game was great bro was just perfect why they change it like this they make it unplayable

1 Like

Lol dude after your first month of playing any moba last hitting becomes second nature. It doesn’t take much skill and definitely doesn’t define how “complex” a moba is. The map, characters, items, and objectives are the things that define a moba, last hitting minions is nothing tbh

2 Likes

That’s honestly a really fair criticism I had not seen voiced before. 5v5 has had a really different meta almost every patch, back in the day 3v3 would go multiple patches with only minor gameplay and balance tweaks, and heroes were not released nearly as often. I remember one update where all that changed gameplay wise was 4 hero balance changes and no item changes.

On one hand stability as great, and you can become comfortable with how the game works, on the other hand the slow change of 3v3 meant it was never really in a good place. I feel like the crazy pace of changes right now is worthwhile to get the game where it needs to be, and progress is being made faster than it ever was on 3v3, I just hope they finish up in 3.9-3.10

1 Like

This really isn’t the case, even in the highest level of League of Legends play, last hitting is a key part of the game. Pretty much the entire point of the laning phase is to get more cs than your opponent. Yes it’s easy to get near perfect cs in ringo gold rush, but last hitting is what drives laning and make MOBA so exciting, you can deny cs by forcing the nemy back, shove your wave under tower, or force the enemy to recall, or freeze the wave to make the enemy over extend. Fighting in lane only requires skill because last hitting is important, this became evident when you got 30% gold from missed last hit’s, it made laning significantly less competitive and removed the skill gap.

What change are you referring to? they have increased all heroes move speed since then, and stutter stepping is still a mechanic.

If your talking about his dodging skill, I would opt for Kensei instead.

BF needs to target something to dodge with his A and his ult has two long cd. Kensei has three small dashes (not empowered), a targeted knockback, and huge dash all on low cooldowns. Plus his damage out put is slightly better than BF if we’re talking about the basic butt melee build for laners (SM BP and whatever).