What do "You" Think of the Current State of Heroes?

My point with 1 thing was that people keep saying they MURDERED his kit as if they removed everything but his kit is still comparable with many other heroes albeit heroes with more “things” exist

Comparable? To who? Rona? Glaive? Joule? Ozo? Yeah sure it is. They don’t really work either though.

If it’s 1 thing but it’s that impactful it does matter a lot. Even then it’s not 1 thing. They removed slow on B, removed rose trail, increased A CD a lot, increased rose offensive CD a lot (that’s reverted this patch I know but when the complains about BF’s kit began it was 40s per charge on lvl 3 and nobody levels it to 3). They removed or reduced the ability to chase on ALL THREE abilities. Not just B or just A. And increasing A CD wasn’t even because he could chase but because he could abuse AS way too good.

4 Likes

OK so I don’t like the thing where captains have high early game damage but no scaling. With heroes like Lance, Lorelai, Lyra and Grace, I want them to have an optional carry build. Like, give them low damage, so they are captains, but also give them scaling so they can have that other build path too.

Her A is OP, her B is useless. I really like her, but they need to do something about the range on the second part of her A. I think her B could do with some increase in damage though, in exchange for a decrease in her other abilities.

At this point, I think the reason nobody picks BF is because why, when you can pick Reza or Idris?

Kestrel is the new BF. They’re removing bits of her kit left right and centre.

I still swear Ozo is sleeper OP.

According to Niv, Patel was always the hardest hero to balance. I think they’ve possibly just given up.

As to my favourite hero; since the TB changes, Gwen is no longer an early game menace with a snowball play style, but she does scale better. Tbh, I think I prefer the old Gwen.

One more thing: do they have any idea what they’re doin with Reim? I know I’ve said this before but they change so many of his stats every patch and yet he never seems to change. I think he falls in the same category as Lance and Blackfeather: Not suited to 5v5.

5 Likes

But the Reim changes were good though?

Really? I haven’t seen him at all this patch.

changing cooldowns doesn’t really count as removing mechanics from a kit…

(ult charge time is 20s at level 3 btw)

I haven’t either. Besides myself of course. But that doesn’t make the changes bad. They promote skillful play now and if you actually do land abilities it is muuuuch stronger than before. Also best change was his energy consumption. I still think he can be improved. He doesn’t generate enough fortified HP with basic attacks though. I would like them to improve that a bit. But generally he’s so much better.

It’s ruining the identity of the hero… Which is our point? And yes I know it’s 20 seconds now I even said it myself lol. When people started complaining it was 40 on level 3. That is removing his stickiness.

3 Likes

Legit you were repeating yourself multiple times. Just to explain something so simple. And not in a negative way @Bobmax

@Moose can you like moniter the discussion about Bf because most of it is just being repeated again and again.

Like there’s a whole BF threD discussion in this thread by itself. :ringo:

I want to stress on that part - they started to strip kestrel kit too, sadly. She was nerfed this patch altho she was not seen almost at all the previous… dunno why they did that.

Because 5v5 balance has steadily been improving every patch, the last truly messed up patch was 3.7. And before that Kensei being op.

Recently we have had quite good heroes balance, with the majority of heroes being usable. 5v5 has a much larger percentage of viable heroes than 3v3 did for most of it’s lifetime, their were patches in 3v3 where not a single mage was viable for goodness sake. If you think 5v5 is unbalanced right now, then you think 3v3 was never balanced.

This update 5v5 is far less balanced than 3v3 has ever been. Porcentually in 3v3 you have been able to play more heroes than this pacth in 5v5, where the only heroes you can use are roams, 2 snipers, 4 mages and 2 assassins, which is a total of 16 heroes out of 46, this is not good balance

1 Like

I think you misunderstood me. What I’m trying to say is that they seem to want to change his playstyle every update, for no apparent reason.

In 3v3 the lane meta was usually one kind of laner. Either mages, bruisers, or sniper, most often wp snipers and sometimes wp bruisers. We had entire tournaments where only one hero type was picked in lane.

In 3v3 the captain meta was never more than 4 to picks, and usually 2-3.

in 3v3 the jungle meta was usually 1-4 dominant picks, and often this was often mages and skirmishers like kestrel and samuel rather than true junglers.

Two things.

1. I get asked the same questions and I reply in the same way. What’s the difference? I don’t agree with someone and I won’t agree just because I’ve said it before.

2. BF is part of “Current state of heroes”. Why would he need to be separately treated in another thread?

2 Likes

In my opinion his playstyle is still the same, they just encourage you to land the hard part of his abilities not the easy one.

Better than the current state where the heroes pick in bot weren’t even a type but 2 heroes.

The only heroes that has consistently been out of the meta has been: Celeste, skaarf (mages), Ozo, saw and joule. That’s a 13% of heroes that weren’t viable.
You said this update is more balanced than 3v3 ever was due to the viable heroes, that in fact, taking into account worlds, streamers and high elo discussions, are 24, out of 46. That’s a 52% of heroes being viable. So a 48% of non viable heroes. Can you tell me how having a 48% of heroes considered weak is better than a 13%?

Far more than 13% were usually weak on any given patch, not to mention the prevalence of S tier heroes being crazy. Lyra was the best captain for 5 updates strait, the better part of a year. As a captain main, I have easily double the choice of viable captain in 5v5 than 3v3 ever did, and that’s considering no captain heroes have been added except yates since 5v5 (unless you consider tony a captain).

5v5 is just far less limiting. Their is far more room for creative picks and strategies, in 3v3 I often got bored by the end of a patch playing the same heroes over and over, in 5v5 I still have picks I never got to play because I did not have time to try them all. I agree about bot lane at the moment, but that is one position out of five. I’ve yet to play cp jungle grumpjaw which is reportedly quite good, still have not messed with stormcrown inara which is strong this update, top lane wp Lance is actually about as good as before mathematically (better early game, worse late) and I want to see how it feels, Malene as a top laner was proven at worlds and is something I wan’t to try, Adagio is actually quite good but have not gotten the chance to pick him, tank jungle tony with SC was reportedly good as a jungler this patch according to an EU pro, Flicker with pulseweave buff may come back as jungler (we saw it at worlds) and I wan’t to try that out, Glaive is a pick that shows up in the pro scene every so often that I would like to run. Their is so much to do and try in 5v5 compared to 3v3 in the past, while their are still imbalances and weak heroes, It’s a far broader experience than 3v3 ever was with much more options as a player.

I’m not saying how much you can do in 5v5 compared to 3v3. I’m talking about how many picks are considered viable at high elo. Which, as i said, are 52%

When 3v3 was played in tournaments we didn’t have as many heroes as now, and as I said before, porcentual y the amount of heroes viable were higher, and the difference in pick and winrates between meta and non meta weren’t so significant as now, so overall the meta was more balanced.