What do you think about 5v5? is it successful? does it bring VG back fo life/ give you something fresh?

I guess it depends on what you mean by mobile - playing in a stationary position is always going to be a superior experience to playing while you wander about.

But then I play on an ipad so I don’t feel your pain in the same way - to me mobile gaming means a device I can carry around easily and use for example on the bus or the train.

1 Like

I had really high expectations.
It did not meet those.
Still the best mobile MOBA by a long shot though.

2 Likes

Looking at the examples you gave, I would feel much more comfortable using my phone on a bus or train, compared to a tablet. The smaller size (and lower weight) allows me to hold it without strain, and that’s what matters most to me.
At the same time, I’m guessing even 5.5 or 6 inches with the right screen factor might already make a difference compared to a device with a 5 inch screen.

Its situationally dependent - if I have a seat on a train or bus I’ll put my tablet on my lap and use that. If I am standing then I will usually just read a book on my phone.

Maybe the jungler just wants to be present to get the ambient gold and XP when the laner takes a jungle camp.

This. Had hard time hitting cams even when I surely tap on them. Also have hard time placing the cams and a lot of times it won’t work, especially if close to max range. Also at times preasing on cam button won’t activate, flask too…

3 Likes

I’m playing on a 6 inch screen I have no problem at all with trying to navigate around the map, but I to am having the issue of targeting scout cams but other than that I don’t have any issues I love 5v5. I feel like it can bring this game back to life once they work out all the bugs and tweaks they need to make…and more heroes!!!
Also the matchmaking does need some improvements.

RIP I’m NA, so no. Words to get this to 30 letters

This is my opinion about 5v5, i don’t think i really enjoyed playing it because it really has similar mechanics to other MOBA’s (ML, AoV, Heroes Evolved) dont get me wrong, Vainglory will always be my number 1, but i really wish they didn’t have a similar setup of map (3 lanes, a river, 2 sanctuaries) i mean they could’ve done something really really unique, i wish they moved to 2 lanes 5v5 instead, with different setup, different mechanics, because at the end of the day, we know that “3 lane, 5v5, 2 major objective” style has been there for almost a decade, people want to have a new feeling of MOBA, like “REIMAGINE” 5v5, i know SEMC reimagined vainglory for 5v5, but the setup of map just doesn’t feel new.

5 Likes

5v5 sucks because it’s 5v5. 3v3 is the actual game. 5v5 was a big waste and now I understand all those posts about why 5v5 would suck.

Please elaborate what about 5v5 sucks? Is it because it is new and most vg players are still learning the best ways to play?

I personally love the idea of 5v5, but the character balance not so much. I wish they would take the extra effort to have the characters with slighty different stats to balance for 3v3, or go back to moba routes and make a 4v4 mode with it being the balance centerpoint; it would not fix the balance fully but would equalize it