What do you do while queuing?

I don’t know if this should go here or in off-topic, but I was just curious what everyone does while queuing. For me I just check the shop, check my bag and if I run out of things to do in the app I watch hero spotlights.

3 Likes

Pretty much what I do as well, though now that ARAL queue times have decreased again (mostly less than a minute), I have to be quick about doing that stuff. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah for 5v5 times I have too much time

I wish they had something else to do during queue times. Getting in the range of asking for a lot but it would be cool to have a stat menu in the hero tab where you could see what stats your hero would have at different levels & with different items/ability points. That would just be something nice to have in general outside of practice mode. Would make comparing hero strengths and item builds that much easier before you go into fights, and make it easier to memorize too. I suppose that might be something in the vg guide, but I rarely ever use that thing as I have a general idea of almost all heroes strengths relatively. It would be nice to have after a patch though.

Check twitter discord and this forum

working or watching something on my laptop.

Read in my ebook

It’s more of a problem that I normally got atleast two dodges on top of 2-4m waiting time between each. Otherwise mostly watch TV or the screen with desperation hahah

You know the poor quality game that you can play if you have no internet - the one with the dinosaur jumping over cacti or whatever ? They should add that but with a VG hero for while we’re waiting.

5 Likes

Back when I first joined the Forums v.2, I brought up a similar idea of being the first moba to implement a in queue game. I think my idea was something along the idea of a Fly or Die galaga theme game.

3 Likes

THIS. MUST. HAPPEN.

3 Likes

not much. check my chests, wonder what hero I’m gonna play if it’s blitz (other modes I wait to see the team before choosing) and then if it’s still goin eat a snack or summin

Depends on the Queue

Blitz I just stare at the screen and hope that i dont get paired with people who are either miles away from my rank or paid for max talents

BR i look through my bag maybe upgrade a couple of talents and think of a build that is offmeta and il enjoy

Ranked 3v3, since i have plenty of wait time for this I usually make myself some tea, go throughout my entire work day, do some laundry, and look at some memes until I finally matchup with a VG gold player (not on my team) and I can enjoy being completely steam rolled for the next couple minutes because my team decided not to ban Reim or pick him

5v5 I just load the Queue then decide not to play it and hit cancel after about 30 seconds of waiting only for it to suddenly have a match be made as I press the cancel button.

All the arcade gamemodes I usually dont have much wait time since theyr usually popular (excluding the joule one for all) but when i do have to wait on those I remember that quests are a thing and il take a quick look to see what I have to do

lol I was making an animated proof-of-concept of this exact thing with skaarf in 3.9, with turrets and minions instead of cacti, but didn’t have time to finish:

5 Likes

Watch malene spotlight and get blessing from her

Pretty much what I do too - check my bag, check the shop, watch hero spotlights, check the news, check for my stats and some players I know and watch tutorial vids. Also, I watch VG streams on Twitch and actively participate in chat. :smiley:

1 Like

If I have another device with me:
Check youtube, read some novel, browse reddit, etc
If I have only the device playing VG:
Check hero abilities (boi I never knew Adagio gets more empowered attacks should he overdrives his B)

1 Like