We need more captains

People disliking captains isn’t a new thing. I’ve basically become a captain main just because usually fill, and end up being forced into the Cap role. As for what you mentioned on all caps being similar, you’re not wrong, but there is one exception to the pattern (I’ve said this before, I’ll say it again): Fortress, He has a completely different skillset.

Also, I don’t think the reason captains don’t get played is because they’re boring. It’s because it’s probably the hardest role in the game, and yet, alone, has the least influence on the outcome. Sure, a good captain can swing a game, but only when their allies are also capable. A good Laner, on the other hand, can win a game without their captain.

Also, while they may have the same skillsets, some captains do still require knowledge and skill on how to play them, and should be done differently from others. Adagio, Churnwalker and Lorelai are good examples of these imo, with the Arcane fire, Hooks and Pool buffs respectively.

As to Zephyria
A: I like the idea of a complete block. At first it seems OP, running around under a turret completely invulnerable for 4s, but then You realise you can’t attack either. Could lead to some interesting usage.

B: This should affect enemies only. I see what you’re trying to do, similarly to the A, make it more complicated for use, and force the player to use it wisely, but she should still provide an advantage to allies, so I wouldn’t let it affect them.
Ult: Again, I think this should only affect the enemy. In fact, I’d make it castable onto a target hero, and have it only affect that hero, but for a longer period. Then maybe you could have it target an ally optionally.

Overall, I like it. The only problem is that it could lead to some extremely trolly usage. I’ve thought about abilities that pull allies before, but they would not be great because of the troll potential. If you’ve ever played LoL, that’s why Thresh’s lantern works the way it does. You can’t pull an ally unless they let themselves be pulled.

2 Likes