We need harsh punishment for dodgers

Which is quite strange, I’ve never seen a queue take that much time in 3v3.

4 dodges 3 non accepts= 40 min…

Yes, even then, when someone dodges for me it takes ~1 min to find another match. Also, I’ve never experience so many dodges/non accepted matches.

Oof dude.

BTW do you use lte or wifi?

You can assume it’s 1, but in reality it’s 1-5 depending on party sizes.

Well, yeah, actually, I would ask them to do that, as obnoxious as it sounds. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I really don’t see outlandishly awful picks often enough to say that it doesn’t even out. Sometimes the bad pick is on my team, other times it’s on the enemy team, and I benefit from it. The issue is that it’s harder to identify bad play on the enemy team because you don’t see all of their rotations or hear/see their pings or know what their behavior was like during hero select (did they proactively select a role or sit there for 25 seconds doing nothing, for instance). Because of that, it’s easier to ignore and easier to feel like your teammates/draftmates are awful, when they’re really just normal.

I’d also say that it’s not really practical to have to wait for an amazing holistic fix until implementing smaller fixes elsewhere. We’ll be waiting forever, probably. I think tougher dodging penalties are good for right now. I liked the one where LPQ locked you out of ranked queue access, is that still a thing?

Which are less than 10, so it shouldn’t be that hard.

It takes 7 minutes to find the right 10 sometimes, so it taking 3-4 minutes on a re-queue isn’t that surprising.

If I put those example it’s not because they are random, I’ve suffered them quite a few times. The problem is not that we can’t wait for those changes, is that those small changes you mentioned never come, the only thing they do is changing the dodging punishments, but the other aspects never change, for me MM has only been getting worse and worse.
Also, yes, being locked out of ranked during LPQ is still a thing at least as far as I know.

That’s when you are in full party, when you know what you will get (long and unbalanced queues), but in solo the most you may need is 3 more players.
Also, I may be wrong, I’m talking from the experience of a 3v3 player, so I don’t know 100% how 5v5 is in terms of queues as I don’t usually play it.

Wifi 120 mb/s
12 ms ping

That is not the issue…

120 mbps? Holy shit!

That doesn’t sound right tho, i have 30 mbps and 30 ms, you should be approaching 0

I get 300+ Mbps, but my ping is unfortunately not as good as @Xaldarian’s – usually 30-40 ms.

2 Likes

Ping is pretty irrelevant with disync galor every game i would say everyone below 70 ms is on an equal playing field

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir, man. I’m with you 100% I hate dodgers as much as anyone. I’ve dodged twice in any gamemode, 1) when BR gave me Churn for the third time in a row and 2) when I was told halfway through hero select that we were leaving for family dinner in 5 minutes. I can be a Big Kid for 20 minutes deal with some rando who doesn’t feel like playing nice for everyone.

I just thought it was funny. :vgcheersx1:

Ahhh wifi. Into house internet 300 mbps, most of it is lost because wifi is a weak signal. Now if there was an Ethernet adapter for ios…

That IS my wifi speed :gwenrainbowbarf: I have mesh network routers, each with 3 radios and beam forming antenna arrays, so my wifi is kind of ridiculously good. :minions_happy_t1:

1 Like

but you STILL get 30 ms?

This text will be blurred

I think it should be more, and definitely every match. Y’know what, if it weren’t for the fact I have dodged because I’ve been called away or something came up, I’d say complete skill tier reset for every dodge. I know it can be frustrating at times, but as @HipsterSkaarf said, how are you supposed to expect only good players in top tiers if anyone can just avoid bad situations? Good players should be able to play through them.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my stupid ISP – trust me, I’ve bugged them about it, but they’re a cable company, so they don’t really care about reducing it.

2 Likes