Warhawk: Builds, Playstyle Tips, and Discussion

The last thing that’s gonna go through your head is my size three boot!

Welcome to the community-built intro to Warhawk, part of our forum #guides series! If you’re new to Warhawk and would like an overview, you’re in the right place! You’ll find builds, playstyle tips, and other resources by clicking the links below.

BUILDS
PLAYSTYLE TIPS
OTHER RESOURCES
DISCUSSION: 4.4

If you’d like to contribute, please do! These posts are wikis that forum members can edit. Post your builds and playstyle tips! But don’t make it too detailed. The goal is a quick, easy-to-browse overview for players who are new to this hero. You may want to check out our other hero #guides for examples!

This thread is also for discussion, so feel free to reply with comments and questions about Warhawk and the builds and tips posted here.

Warhawk Builds

CP Warhawk ( :vgroles_carry_mid: )

CORE:
:vgitem_shatterglass: :vgitem_halcyonchargers: :vgitem_clockwork: :vgitem_spellfire: :vgitem_brokenmyth:

SITUATIONAL:
:vgitem_shatterglass: :vgitem_slumberinghusk:

good early game, lacking mid game, really good late game

For details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKg2RzsfeQ

added by N0RRIS, update 4.4

add more builds here

Warhawk Playstyle Tips

Add your playstyle tip here

added by @you, update 4.4

add more tips here

Other Warhawk Resources

Wallpapers
Voice Lines

Official Hero Spotlight:

is there any discussion about this guy at all? who is this guy? from what i can see the only thread dedicated to him (of the 4 that mention him) is void of any discussion i played a few games of vainglory today for the first time in about a month and uuuuuuuuuuuuuh they were decent the teammates seemed nice i moved up to t4 gold in 5v5 from unranked?
but i have no idea how to play this guy
i want to like him because his a seems reall smooth and chunky but his b and ult are a bit clunky. i tried my own build first which worked as well as the recommended build? but i was politely destroyed by my enemies. Warhawk seems quite weak but i think he just needs a longer aa to actually use my empowered rockets after i am pushed away from my target

should i be playing him wp? any help at all please… :c

Well, his build is a good discussion since people seems to not agree in which build is better. I only played him once in ARAM, so I can’t help you much.

The general opinion in the community is that he needs some short of buffs to make it into the meta.

1 Like

I’ve discussed warhalk a lot on Reddit.

In my opinion he is quite weak regardless of build path. In high tier ranked play do not pick him. That said he is very fun to play and has quite an interesting and high skill cap kit.

If you play him CP he is not your mid lane. He’s a secondary CP carry similar to Baptiste or Lorelei. In fact from a team comp perspective he’s a worse Baptiste. Play him only in top. Build wise I tend to believe Spellfire, Frostbrurn, Halcyon Chargers, Clockwork, Defense, Broken Myth works best. The best way to use his A/Auto combo is to step a little within his max A range, use it, auto, then A again in general for lane trading. But you have plenty of freedom in how to use his A/B depending on if your are poking, pushing, dodging, chasing, etc. Remember the second use of his B counts as an ability activation, so for maximum damage in a 1v1 or when sieging utilize that. Closing gaps with his A can also be a good idea on rare occasions, but is usually only with the charge to secure a kill.

I don’t have much experience with his WP, but don’t believe it to nearly as good. Warhalk is very energy hungry, so builds feel a little awkward. Sometimes even Spellsword is morning enough. His kiting play style can feel great, but when trying to focus down a target (which your WP carry usually does) it’s an inconvenience. I feel you want a zoning bot lane, pick silvernail. He also doesn’t really have the damage to Ben a true bot lane, with the right ratio buffs I could see him being worth the effort, but right now he just isn’t imo.

Do you know how he would be played in 3v3? I don’t really play 5v5 as well as having a very limited view of the entire meta
However because of the event i shall be playing some 5v5 now so i shall test your cool man build uvu

1 Like

In 3v3 mages tend to be less effective than in 5v5, and although his zoning has more impact in 3v3, the lack of damage and the fact that is hard to focus on a specific hero with Warhawk makes him an overall bad choice to play.

2 Likes