VG's biggest problem

Well if someone calls me it could possibly be an emergency, so I do not want to have to decline calls. If I have to answer a call I want to be able to instantly get back into the game since when I answer the app closes and goes into the call itself instead of instantly going on in the background from some stupid reason unless there is a way to have calls be answered in the background. This is about people who legitimately do not mean to “afk” but have to because of the absurd loading times just for closing the app for maybe a few seconds.

5 Likes

One mispress on a notification can cost you a minute of afk not because of the player but because of the app.

Games like Pokemon Go can work in the background and even switch from wifi to 4g network.

Meanwhile half a second outside of VG will throw you out and force a reload. That reload is the real issue!

1 Like

Yep, I mentioned this the other day.

Yeah it’s honestly something I want dealt with soon

1 Like

It’s not a few seconds, but half a second. The moment the app even enters the background you’re screwed. For example, opening the app tray to close other apps while Vainglory is running. Guess what? You’ve disconnected. Here we are trying to give the app a hand to reduce lag and there we get disconnected. Sheesh.

3 Likes

And when I get a call when it finishes ringing Even if declined I get disconnected from the game. tf

I don’t see how difficult it is to patch this flaw. Other MOBAs have a ton of features in the background running e.g. counting your performance to add to your profile, counting activity to clear events, calculating the match’s overall performance to determine the MVP etc. Don’t see why Vainglory can’t do that, since basically nothing else is running in the background.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to this feature

3 Likes

Semc figured things were good enough

Don’t we have enough people not accepting/rejecting? If you let people exit the app it will increase tenfold.

Personally, I’d prefer it if a wailing siren blares out at you until you click accept so the trolling a$$holes who wait 19 seconds to accept get earraped but that’s just me :confused:

2 Likes

When a que is 4 min+ you get a very very minor notification that a game has been found. There is your culprit…

1 Like

A tablet doesn’t circumvent the aforementioned problem in OP’s post. If you move out of the app, regardless of what you’re doing, the time to reconnect can be atrocious. Let’s not even get into what happens if you’re on and iPad and have call-answering across multiple devices.

2 Likes

Facebook Messenger bubble popping up=hell…

1 Like

Don’t have that problem with iOS, luckily. Alas, no Facebook = no notifications!

it didnt work.
people would miss the timing to get back into the game.
back in the day it was really needed, as even the only q there was took some time. 1.03 was pre world release as far as i know.