VGforums COD Week #5 Feb. 10 - 16 2019

Good morning all! Thanks to those who have participated in our challenges so far. We have eight folks in the standings - let’s get way more participation this week. As always, feel free to send me feedback. Are the challenges too time consuming? Are they too hard? Are they not creative enough? These questions are more aimed towards folks that have yet to participate. I do try and make weekday challenges a bit less time consuming/challenging to complete to accommodate school and work day schedules.

On to week five’s first COD:

Sunday, February 10th 2019
Win a PvP game in all FIVE currently active game modes (blitz, aral, Aram, 3v3 and 5v5).
50% bonus points for having and average KDA of 5 through those 5 victories.
50% bonus points for winning your 3v3 and 5v5 in a ranked match.

Good luck to all!

Good morning! Apologies if yesterday’s challenge wasn’t enticing or if it was too time consuming. Here is today’s challenge!

Monday, February 11th 2019

Win a pvp game (blitz does not count) using the hero @Petal with 2 or fewer deaths.

A bonus point for winning two games, one utility a weapon build path and one using a crystal build path.

1 Like

Last matches in 3v3 casual. :frowning:

1 Like

Good morning. Today marks the last day of 3.10. 4.0 will have an impact on the COD. 3v3 casual will be gone. ARAL will be a rotating mode. Rumble will be a new fixture. In honor of our beloved 3v3 casual and ARAL game modes, here is today’s challenge:

Tuesday, February 12th 2019
Win a game of 3v3 casual AND a game of ARAL. Both victories must have 3 (last day of a patch that starts with a 3) or fewer deaths.

Bonus points: completing the challenge in party play with a fellow VGF community member.

This challenge = :sob:

2 Likes

Completed today’s without much effort. Bozo op. also this is only one I’ve managed to complete first so far

Literally EVERYTHING about your user card makes me laugh out loud every time I see it … :laughing:

3 Likes

I feel like I truly show my appreciation for Ozo when it takes me a second or two to actually get to the main part of my profile if I’m on mobile

Image for reference

2 Likes

:sad:

2 Likes

Good morning and happy 4.0 day!

Here is today’s challenge:

Wednesday, February 13th 2019
Win back-to-back Rumble games. Your average KDA for the two games must be 4.0 or higher.

Good luck to all!

Vox - 5.3 KDA
Celeste - 12 KDA

1 Like

I’m realizing a flaw in this challenge. Will the API track rumble? Will be impossible to prove back-to-back, so we’ll have to go on the honors system. Anyways, congratulations!

Nope, API doesn’t track rumble matches. I looked at vgpro and vainaura but couldn’t see them.

Yeah, SEMC doing their usual fantastic job of maintaining the API: they failed to announce what changes were coming ahead of time, and it turns out … THERE AREN’T ANY!

• no Rumble match data
  • no hero mastery data
  • no experimental mode data (e.g., All for One)

This company never fails to impress …

1 Like

It’s SEMC. Not suprised. :joy:

Well, it took 3 attempts. The first was a big fat fail vs. San Feng. Much better the next two! I definitely enjoy playing rumble.

2 Likes

Just gonna include the timestamps of the screenshots as evidence of both being back-to-back Also ran into EdTheShred and someone with a RWBY guild tag while attempting it, so that was fun

1 Like

Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day!

Thursday, February 14th 2019
Win a game with 2 or fewer deaths and 14 or more hero kills or 14 or more assists. Any PvP game mode counts for this challenge.

2/14… Get it?

Good luck to all!

1 Like

Completed today’s in a Rumble match with Vox. Truly expressing the spirit of the day by killing waifus.

2 Likes

The Dragon Knight Goddess FTW! I tried vox as well and was close the game prior going 6/1/12. This was rumble.

Good morning and happy Friday! I hope everyone enjoyed a nice Valentine’s evening with friends, family, and loved ones.

Friday, February 15th 2019

This challenge does require a little luck of the draw. Win a pvp game (blitz does not count) playing as San Feng or with him on your team AND win a PvP game (blitz does not count) with San Feng on the opposing team.

Good luck to all!