VGforums COD Week #3

Ta da! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Completed today’s in a ranked 3v3 match. I actually had to change my playstyle a bit, as I went extremely out of my way to avoid last hits on heroes.

Good morning. Well done to yesterday’s COD completionists!

Here is today’s challenge:

Wednesdays, January 30th 2019
This is a foreshadowing of a similar challenge that will come this weekend. I recently created a thread regarding the number of heroes. I’d like to encourage our VGF members to experiment with more heroes…

Win three PvP games using three different heroes. I know it’s the middle of the week and a workday, so blitz is on the table as an acceptable game mode.

50% bonus points to those who do this in ARAL or standard 3v3/5v5 matches for taking more time to complete this challenge, in shall I say, a more challenging and time-consuming manner.

3 Likes

aralwins

All three in ARAL :sunglasses: (Andi still shows those as ‘BR’)

VGPro version

Andi doesn’t show match times with that command, so here’s VG Pro’s version to document that the matches were completed on the correct day.

3 Likes

Skaarf - Aral
Adagio & Joule - Ranked 3v3

3 Likes

No bonus for me. Props to you two, @hazeleyes and @SeRAPHiM1 for getting it done with the 50% bonus. I just don’t have the time during the work week!

3 Likes

I know it won’t count for points, but I just wanted to post that I finished today’s in ARAL matches while playing with @This_Aint_Sparta_2.0.

2 Likes

Still earns you a badge, tho :blush:

2 Likes

Good morning. Apologies for the late submission. It’s been a hectic morning!

Thursday, January 31st 2019

Win a ranked blitz, win a PvP ARAL, and win either a 3v3 or 5v5 ranked match. Three different modes (but you must do Blitz and ARAL), three wins. No requirements this time regarding KDA or heroes used.

Apologies if this challenge is a bit bland. My brain is in a bit or a fog today!

Two hour extension for this challenge. You have until 2:00am CDT, Friday, February 1st.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

:thumbs3:

1 Like

:cheers_boba_t3:

The ranked 3v3 was both epic and frustrating. I called CP jungle in draft before either teammate had declared their role. They fight over carry. First pick goes to Ringo. I politely ask 4th pick to go support. Chooses Skye. Now you could say I am just as guilty of trolling, sure. I declared a role preference first. I actually typed in chat and did so politely. To make matters worst, skye is camping jungle all game. Well, lucky for Skye; Ringo and I never gave up. I really should’ve shared the replay. They had all our turrets down. We had 0. We started down, something like 3-18 in hero kills. I finally farmed up, we started to dominate team fights, and came back from 0-5 in turrets and 3-18 in HK to win the match. Haha!

5 Likes

Completed today’s as (mostly) usual at this point. I finished the ARAL match thanks in part to my mighty lord. *yells “OZO OZO OZO!” in Ozo*
2 Likes

Good morning! Happy Friday! Here is today’s challenge:

Friday, February 1st 2019

T.G.I.F.

Thank God It’s Friday? Right!? Our fun challenge has to do with that acronym. It’s four letters. Your average KDA for this challenge must be 4.

You must win 4 games with 4 heroes. Each hero’s name must start with a letter that belongs in the acronym. You must use each letter!

T: Taka, Tony
G: Glaive, Grace, Grumpjaw, Gwen
I: Idris, Inara
F: Flicker, Fortress

Must be PvP games. For those who have the spare time today, bonus points if all 4 wins are completed in 3v3 or 5v5 ranked matches.

Good luck to all!

5 Likes

I managed to find time to get this down during some breaks! I’m first - yay! “I” was the hardest for me. Took 3 tries. Fortress and Take coming through with the most ease. All blitz, so no bonus.

P.S. Could someone tell me how to post pics as a slideshow/ability to swipe left to right so I’m not taking up as much space on your screen? Thanks!

T:

G:

I:

F:

2 Likes

You can use the carousel gallery by clicking on the button to the left of the image upload one. You have to pull up all of the formatting tools to view it on mobile though. After that it’s pretty self-explanatory, just put the images where it tells you to. Alternatively, you can just manually use the code:

Code
<div data-theme-slick="1">

*insert images here*

</div>
6 Likes

I had trouble with the “I” as well. I have no idea how to Idris or Inara

Well done. The challenge did state to have an average KDA of 4. I count 32 kills and assists to 10 deaths for a 3.2 KDA. However, if this submission remains among the final 3 I will accept it. It’s up to @hazeleyes if you get a badge or not.

You could always try again to play it safe, but I appreciate the participation and effort and am willing to reward that! Keep up the great work in these challenges!

Oof, my bad missed that part. I’ll redo some matches to actually complete it. EDIT: changed the “T” match to a O4A to meet the average KDA requirement if that’s fine

That is! I was just going to say you could just redo a letter to improve your overall average. Well done!

1 Like

Good morning and happy weekend! I am excited for today’s challenge. This is what Wednesday’s challenge alluded to…

Saturday, February 2nd, 2019
To encourage use of more heroes, win three games with your three least used heroes!!!

To complete this Challenge:

1. take a screen shot of your VGPRO profile displaying your hero section and thus your three least played heroes (I’ve done it below as an example)
  2. display the screenshot of your victory with each of them
  3. the only acceptable game modes are: ARAL, 3v3, and 5v5.
  4. being heroes you are either a) less skilled with or b) the least experienced with, I recommend doing this in a casual mode. That said, you will receive bonus points for completing this in a ranked match. I would recommend a few bot matches first to familiarize yourself with those heroes out of fairness to your teammates in a ranked match.
  5. as always, this must be done in PvP.

Note: for me personally, I may use heroes not even on my VGPRO that I haven’t even played yet to challenge myself even more!

1 Like