VGforums COD Week #2 Jan 20-26, 2019

Sunday, January 20th, 2019:
Win a One-For-All game two times, with two different heroes, with no more than two deaths each victory.

The number two is in honor of our second week for this category! Good luck to all!

1 Like

Yeah, so played for the first time in two weeks - took four games to get the challenge done. It was actually pretty fun.

Guess who didn’t know vgpro doesn’t show One-For-All games.

Oh well, it was fun but not doing it again :joy:

2 Likes

Matches from the “temporary” modes aren’t available in the API, so no stats site or tool can show them. (You might also notice that wins in those modes don’t increase your total wins in-game, fwiw.)

3 Likes

Hence why it’s important to take screen shots post game! I’ll be lenient this one time and take your word and give you the three points! Just confirming you had two or fewer deaths in both victories, right?

He ain’t gettin’ no badge without no screenshot, tho. :ringo:

4 Likes

0 death…

In the second one, enemies surrendered when we captured blackclaw and attack to their base. I hope this won’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Completed today’s! I’ve honestly been having way more fun with these challenges in mind because they give me an extra goal besides just winning. Thankfully I’m not one to tilt too much because I probably wouldn’t have as much fun if I was.

4 Likes

Congratulations, folks! Our fastest completion of a challenge yet! I didn’t even get a chance to log in today to try and get it done. I’ll still try regardless of points. Well done! I’m glad you’re liking this, @DIMTI, I’ll keep them coming!

3 Likes

As promised, I have completed the challenge. No points for me, but I went 2/2 and 1 death total. It was fun. I actually never have played Skye. Reza I tried wp, and hardly play him either.

2 Likes

PP Monday, January 21st, 2019:

Win a game (casual or ranked, bonus points for ranked… Blitz does not count) in a party with a fellow member of vgforums.net!!!

This should be a fun challenge that I hope brings a few of us closer together! Yay!

Happy MLK day to all! If you have the day off from work, enjoy it.

3 Likes

It took until almost the end of the day. Fun playing a few late night ARAL matches with @TheInterpreter!

We went 2-1. 3 points each!

3 Likes

Haha it was fun man. You’ve got a great attitude about you. Hopefully we can enjoy a lot more (and hopefully I can rank up so we can finally party for competitive :slight_smile: though I will say, you reminded me how fun non-ranked matches can be)

1 Like

SQ Tuesday, January 22nd 2019:

WIn 3 PVP Blitz matches in-a-row. For your screenshot, please use VGPRO.GG’s website of your player profile to show that the three victories were completed in-a-row.

I imagine this is a bit of a polarizing challenge, as some of you have expressed your frustration over how impactful talents are in this mode and your longing for a return to the original blitz. Perhaps this challenge will entice you to play it again!

This could be a 15-minute challenge or a frustrating 30+ minute challenge! Good luck to all!

3 Likes

I realized again I hate this mode. It’s not fun. :face_vomiting:

https://vgpro.gg/players/SeRAPHiM

1 Like

https://vgpro.gg/players/VeritasVT

1 Like

Most intense blitz mat hes iv had in a while, thank god for my teammates these few games because they actually tried and did really well.

Each match was really close too

4 Likes

Wednesday, January 23rd 2019:

Win a ranked match with a CS of 100+

Time to work on your stutter-stepping and last-hitting!

2 Likes

Apologies for failing to post a challenge today. Hectic morning - triple work shift! You have until 8:00pm CDT, Friday, January 25th to complete this challenge. Yes, it will overlap with tomorrow’s challenge.

Thursday, January 24th, 2019

Win a 5v5 game playing as Koshka utilizing a weapon power build (at least two WP items). A new hot topic after the 3.10 release. No bonus for completing this as a ranked match.

I read it wrong lol thought we had to win 2 times. :vgcheersx3::vgcheersx3:
Either way I did it. It was much easier than yesterdays as yesterdays was actually impossible for me #captainmainproblems :vgitem_fountainofrenewal:
There is almost no such thing as getting a high CS AND winning the game when im playing lane… :vgitem_atlaspauldron:

3 Likes

Friday, January 25th 2019

Win a ranked game (blitz doesn’t count) with Ylva in the match. You can be playing Ylva, a teammate, or an opponent. The hero just needs to be in the match.

With the hotfix, I’m assuming the autostun bug is gone.

3 Likes