VGforums COD WEEK #1 - Jan. 18 -19, 2019

Hello fellow VGF community members! I’m hoping for some great participation in what I hope will be a fun community event for all of us. Each day, I will issue a Challenge Of the Day (C.O.D.) for you all to complete.

Post a screenshot verifying your success. Bragging rights to those who complete the task first. I hope this helps make your VG experience more fun!

Challenges will utilize ranked game modes, brawl game modes, and casual game modes.

Our first challenge of the day!

Friday, January 18th:
Win a PvP ARAL with 0 deaths.

EDIT (to reduce the number of topics from potentially 365 to 52, we’ll be organizing this by week. The daily challanges for that week will be listed within that week’s topic).
Saturday, January 19th:
Win a 5v5 pvp match playing as the hero Taka!
Bonus: You will be rewarded double the points for doing this in a ranked match.
– Taka has been mentioned on these forums as a forgotten/far-less-viable-than-previous-patch-hero. The challange: have a blast from the past and have some fun with Taka!

7 Likes

Update: this challenge is way harder than I thought! I’m at 6 tries and the best I’ve done is 2 deaths! Good luck all!

1 Like

This is a really good idea! We should have thought of it sooner.

2 Likes

YES! I believe this was my 7th attempt! Grace ftw!

3 Likes

Thank you! I hope you participate.

I got the idea from two sources: CrossFit websites that typically post W.O.D.s (workout of the days) and from a website that posts a “set of the day” from the card game Set that my wife wants me to practice because I suck at it.

2 Likes

Whats your build path plz, im struggling so hard :joy: great idea too. Definitely bringing a bit of life into the game for me

1 Like

Grace is set up for this challenge. I simply went 300 boots, 650 crystal, and heavy prism (1050 crystal). Sorry I don’t know the name for the 300 boots and 650 crystal item. I also had her rare talent at level 5. At just level 5 it gives her a passive boost of 25% crystal power. So my 75 crystal power was really 93.75. This made my B give decent damage all game. I stayed quite defensive, used my A when enemies were out of position, and kept people alive with a pretty strong heal. I failed with every other hero with 2 or more deaths.

1 Like

This is such a great idea that I made a new category for it!

Unfortunately, the best I’ve done so far is 1 death …

6 Likes

Are your challenges soloq or people can party ? , make the next challenge win a soloq as wp saw in 5v5 match hehehehe , Iam bad at challenges and I could tilt but I wish others good luck .

1 Like

That’s a great point. If I don’t specify, both party play and solo queue are on the table!

tfw this has actually given me more incentive to play VG than SEMC has in a long time

1 Like

Hm, I actually managed to pull it off, against a L talent Magnus, no less. Am I a tier 10 gold epic VG gamer yet? Anyways, the great health and energy from Sam’s talent-boosted perk helped a ton in completing the challenge.

3 Likes

Saturday, January 19th:

Win a 5v5 pvp match playing as the hero Taka!

Bonus: You will be rewarded double the points for doing this in a ranked match.
– Taka has been mentioned on these forums as a forgotten/far-less-viable-than-previous-patch-hero. The challange: have a blast from the past and have some fun with Taka!

3 Likes

I did it in a casual.

3 Likes

Completed today’s as well in a cas even though my Taka is pretty trash. This was honestly a really good game! Our team almost lost due to a Blackclaw push from the enemy team, but we managed to defend against it with less than a quarter of our Vain’s health left and later, we got an advantage in the last teamfight due to the enemy team being separated and it allowed us to win it and the game as a whole.

Add images

I failed yesterdays pretty hard so i wanted the extra points for todays :vgcheersx3:
Im going to be honest that wasnt as hard as i thought, then again i was being a roam taka so #notmuchhelpformyteam

2 Likes

What’s weird is I saw a lot more people playing Taka today in ranked. I think your challenge idea is silently taking off outside these forums @Lebatron xD

2 Likes