VGCE Status?

I’m not surprised…I kinda saw this coming to a degree from the start of CE, for a LOT of different reasons. I am just grateful they haven’t shut the servers down as the only other game I want to give a chance really atm is WR.

I can only imagine that the recent heavy flop of Crucible (so far) has something to do with the new focus on making CB as good as it can be without distraction.

But the one thing that does suck is the whole skin and talent select stuff. There is one issue with skin and talent select where it doesn’t work but only sometimes, and there is another issue where some people don’t have access to them at all. That’s a problem, as some people will now have a consistently different experience from others. I hope they can at least fix the talent select at some point to even the playing field.

I mean I’ve met players that can even taunt and I guess change hats if they want.

1 Like

I can do that! No talents or skins though.

To @hazeleyes post - no surprise at all, right folks? It doesn’t shock me one bit, nor does it disappoint me. As much of the optimist and fan of this game that I am, it half died when Rogue took over and officially died when they bailed. If I was SEMC, I would’ve simply said thank you for the memories but it’s over when Rogue pulled what they did.

In my mind, SEMC, despite their flaws while actively managing the game, made a wondrously generous gesture to their gaming community by even attempting this, and hopefully a majority of VG fans are grateful.

7 Likes

Pretty much what everyone is saying - it was totally expected and everything that was done was done primary because of love towards VG. Kristian cares, he cares for real about VG and is sad as much as we all are and more. Atleast they push forward the project to some acceptable state + keep the servers running. I just hope they can fix the skin selection and talents situation before hitting the pause(stop) button.

Welp this doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, I admit I haven’t watched any of their videos as I have grown tired of reading semc’s articles or watching their videos with nothing but cringe, straight up lies, fake optimism and corprate cynicism.

I’ve been just lurking around to read what’s going on and eh… It’s a shame it’s turning out almost exactly as I expected.
I can’t say I feel bad about it tbh, true Rogue did it dirty but even without Rogue, SEMC had it coming, after all the dumb crap they have done (I don’t evwn need to list it, everyone here knows), sorry but at least the higher ups like Segestrale and such deserve all the failure. I don’t feel bad at all.

The only things I’m sorry is that I will miss spamming Fortress into every match I could and I guess I also feel bad for the developers and artists that worked there under such a toxic environment, at least according to some reddit and forum threads as well as the glassdoor reviews.

Tho I’m happy cause many of them have already found a better place. So I guess in the end it turned out great for them.

Calling their work place as toxic environment on the basis of anonymous comments from folks on internet is… silly to say the least.

Do they deserve failure coz of indefinite termination of CE? They literally stopped not cuz they lost passion but because they couldnt afford it. They just can’t handle the workload. Any dev here will understand that pain.

2 Likes

Wishing ill fortune on people because they didn’t do things just as you wanted is just spiteful. Looking back through your posting history, it’s also pretty on-brand for you. This community is small enough these days that your voice carries more weight than in the past, so whereas previously I’d have overlooked your attitude since it would quickly get swallowed by a raft of more positive posts, now it’s not something I’m willing to ignore.

That said, if you all you want to do is :poop: on SEMC, please do it elsewhere. If you want to interact in a positive fashion with the remaining members of this community, you are always welcome to do so.

2 Likes

'kay… your house, your rules.

That said - I also feel like @RSerperior has been fairly consistent in their criticism. As was I. As were you, at the time.

You can take a “water under the bridge”-stance on the issues that resulted in this mess, but I’m not sure whether it is spiteful to suggest that accountability ought to go hand in hand with agency.
After all the times management at SEMC decided to engage in disingenuous communication, I too, have difficulty summoning sympathy.

Just got done with watching the dev update and honestly that left me sad. I have defended SEMC quite a lot in the past for both the good and the bad but with the way everything has been going for the past year has made me develop this bitter taste against SEMC that is most likely going to translate in me not playing their new game even though that would have a negative affect on VG as well.

but meh who knows maybe some miracle will happen and we will see VG growth again.
after all if we can have all this bad then there has to be some good too.

Yep.

There’s nothing wrong with criticism – SEMC have made plenty of moves worthy of criticism, and as you say, I’ve done plenty of it myself. However, when you cross the line into saying things like “I’m glad they failed” and “they deserve all the failure” – that’s quite different.

@hazeleyes is right.

There’s a difference between offering constructive criticism (maybe not necessary as the community on a whole has done that) or even stating the obvious (vainglory failed largely because of mismanagement even if it was well intentioned),

and generally expressing happiness that they failed. That’s no less toxic than expressing happiness that a player sucks at a game.

You can call out semc’s shortcomings without expressing that kinda negativity. It’s not useful.

That’s all.

6 Likes

It took me a while to realize @RSerperior was actually suspended. It’s not a decision I agree with, and not a culture I want to be part of - so I’m out as well.

I hope you all find different games to pour the passion into that we all felt for Vainglory, at some point. Be it Wild Rift or Smite or any of the other upcoming titles that people expressed an interest in.

Best of luck, and take care.

When you only know part of the story …

Anyway, you’re free to do as you wish. Thank you for your contributions over the years, though – I’m sorry to see you go.

2 Likes

^^^ :man_facepalming:

Anyway it was nice talking to you on topics like WR and I hope you well on your future endeavors! @Wali :easter_happy_2:

1 Like

+1 to risechu and hazel’s comments. @Wali don’t feel pressure to stay and post regularly (I’m not even around much these days :sunny_happy_1:) but I think it would be a mistake to use this as a reason to stop visiting, esp when knowing only the publicly visible parts. Be well, and hoping you pop around every once and again!

4 Likes