VG has the worst network code in the history of computing: discuss

There’s still a momentary disconnect when it switches which means the game is gonna die and probably log you out.

1 Like

I can approve this. Force closing the app upon losing connection sometimes saves me from the log out bug.

Fun fact: When I played AOV, the reconnection took 3-4 seconds iirc, hmmm thinking

4 Likes

Agree…
In MLBB when the lag came, there will be a notification to switch from bad signal to better signal…and it works. Reconnecting process also works so fast less than 3s.

2 Likes

Depending on your phone some allow seem less switching which allows project fi to work

I have noticed when I played with data I lost about 30-40 percent per game and with wifi I lose at most 20 percent. I usually play while charging though. Thanks

Oh and the new bug just recently introduced: sometimes, and the attempting to reconnect clown circus, it will connect (gets passed connecting message, and the phone is verified online) and go completely and permanently black screen. In this state the only recourse is not to merely reboot the app, but to actually resboot the entire phone.

So, the inescapable and logical conclusion of this thread is yes, VG has the worst network code in the history of computing. The person posing as their networking lead has demonstrated a complete inability to solve problems that yes while difficult, seem to be within the ability of every other professional game developer on the planet, but not SEMC. Why this person has not been sacked is a mystery.

2 Likes

Oh and icing on the cake: been happening so much recently they put me in LPQ. Got the SEMC trifecta of sh*t this morning. Two read-only modes, one black screen forced phone reboot, one LPQ. Jesus wept. This is how gaming works in Hell.

No professional game developer would allow such deep, fundamental networking flaws to even go beta. Closed alloha stage is where the game is at, in technology. SEMC is in utter denial.

3 Likes

Seriously - name one other game developer who thinks it is OK to PUNISH their users for the crime of experiencing years-old bugs in their game.

1 Like