Vg gold flex

Big yeet

12 Likes

Weird flex but okay. Jk congrats

5 man party op.

5 Likes

Just few hours ago I played with !3! silvers (all a lot higher than the starting point, one close to gold) in a party with voice comms with me and one more player (both vg bronze) and the enemy team got only 5 vg bronze players and all were even below 2500 elo (silver starts at 2600, bronze at 2400 if someone wonder and don’t know). Fair match… so yes, in the current state a lot of players abuse trioq, 4 or even full party. Most silvers are atleast trioq ranking up.

Voice comms and playing the same teammate is making climbing unfair easy. This doesn’t go to gatorrex, he is really a great player and with the thin player base, it’s logical to be up there - congratz!

Some background i guess:

Rank means nothing anymore. The only reason why i bothered grinding to gold was because that was a target i set for me to gain back interest in vg. I got burnt out so i took a month break from vg (and tried out bing bong for 2 weeks and the game sucks), and i set a target to reach vg gold when i came back, primarily playing only 5v5 ranked and not other modes. I started playing again at exactly 1st jan 2019. I left my guild, and joined a new guild and team, aiming to play on a pro level.

After the break, i was late to the party to grind ranked, and most of the other vg gold players have already reached gold at the start of the season and they stopped ranking, so my path to vg gold was mainly grinding <vg silver players. I tried to snipe any high tier players queuing whenever i played, but there simply isnt enough players in silver and above. Grinding ranked literally felt like grinding blitz. Its 70% grind and 30% skill. After 2700 elo, playing against anything lower than a full team of <2500 elo (halfway point of vg bronze) will give 0-1 elo. But of course this is from someone who grinded to vg gold for the first time. Seasonal VST resets are so pointless that once your MMR reaches a point and your VST drops a tier, its almost harder to not reach back your MMR than it is to reach there. Most pro players in SEA stopped caring about their elo as they should.

So now that i dont care about my rank anymore, ill be playing mainly private scrims because thats the only way to get quality matches. Ive already been doing that during my grind to gold but now that most high level SEA teams are also playing mainly privates, its really easy to set up scrims. My next target now is to become as good as impunity. Right now i dont think any other team on SEA is on their level except maybe Soda. Funny thing is EA teams are a league above impunity and they have been losing scrims consistently against EA teams. Big oof. Im not sure about other regions but vyzeox says NA is bad. Idk you tell me.

Ah and for those who play mainly blitz when they play vainglory, just stop. Bing bong is bad but it still gives a better experience than blitz in vg. Blitz drained the fun out of vg for me and ive quit blitz entirely, you should too. If you play vainglory, you should aim to play competitively because thats the core experience of the game.

1 Like