Announcing: VG Community Edition

Ahhh, the sunlight wheel! :sunny_happy_3:

:arrow_up: The original announcement of the sunlight system in June 2016

Bonus

Tracey King’s model for the sunlight wheel

1 Like

Was awesome… as progression, as idea, as visuals + loved the seasons pictures in the middle…

They literally removed so many good ideas in the game (gameplay wise, UI wise, progression wise, cards) and replaced it with generic things or nothing at all. Instead of further separation from the rest, moving closer to them.

5 Likes

Now I don’t even know why community cannot make new characters when it’s community edition. Are they still clinging to property rights when the game is barely holding on?

Yeah, their approach is … difficult to understand, to put it mildly.

4 Likes

Tbh I’m all in for Neko’s and other artist who made fantastic artwork for this game to show at home screen. Just keep on rotating the artworks.

1 Like

22 posts were split to a new topic: SEMC’s Community Art Contest

@Xhaos - get in on this!? You have some great work already. :vgcheersx2:

1 Like

Nah. Even though @DIMTI said he was done drawing. I say his “final” piece has to be making a new homescreen. :potoo:

Just kidding, or am I? But I would love to seem Xhaos’ art if he ever did one. Cuz ofc it would top quality like his others works

1 Like

I’m certainly open to doing more drawings, as my “ending” to the hero drawings wasn’t a definite thing for me drawing completely, but I don’t really plan on drawing anything for the contest. I doubt that I would get very high in the voting (especially compared to other artists in the community) and SEMC would actually be fine with my “art” being the first thing that everyone sees when opening the game.

6 Likes

Even if it isn’t homescreen quality, as someone said before in another thread, the community page would be pretty fun to look at with your work there.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: SEMC’s Community Art Contest

Anyone else notice the game crashing like crazy lately? Tried today, couldn’t even get into draft.

Edit: I’m starting to think they shut down the servers after all, or maybe there’s something wrong with them, but I can’t do anything in the client today. Tried after a few days of just giving up on games so idk if this is some sort of ban but…anybody else getting the same?

2 Likes

Well, I was just able to play a bot match (blitz mode), if that means anything. :man_shrugging:

I haven’t played in I don’t know how long, and when the match started, I just stared and stared for a few moments … the game – especially the Fold – is just STUNNINGLY beautiful … even after all this time, there is no game that looks this good.

Might be a good time to revisit this thread:

Of course, then the bugs (Gwen’s A ability) and the lag (several long pauses during a 5 min match) reminded me of some of the reasons I stopped playing. :man_facepalming:

Idk I can’t even get into a game. It freezes practically on startup and crashes. Been that way since this morning. Lucky you! Yep the rise is as beautiful as always…if you can see it.

Edit: Well I did some cursory browsing on twitter and it seems there are a few posts up today that the game isn’t working so it doesn’t seem to be just me.

Just tried again, this time with PvP Blitz, and it worked fine … except for the horrific lag.

Honestly, I don’t really see that the game has any appeal at this point: it’s still buggy, the lag is game-breaking (if a game lags so bad that it causes you to miss plays or die, it’s game-breaking in my opinion), and the lack of any personalization, social features, etc. is just … disappointing.

It makes me really sad, considering what VG used to be 2 years ago.

3 Likes

I saw people reporting crashes on reddit.

I guess the main sell is that for people who don’t play LoL, or can’t, but want the closest thing to that on mobile, vg still has the same core play and style that you can’t get anywhere else. That’s the one, the other is that for a lot of fans of the game this likely sucked up large amounts of game capital, meaning this was all they invested most of their time in for a while, a lot of first moba’s, etc. And it’s really hard for them to let go. I personally don’t know what other mobile time sink I’m going to find like vg, until WR.

Ultimately WR is going to wipe out CE barring intervention, but until then…it’s painful to consider switching to another moba, on mobile at least.

I will agree with you there: ML is a different animal, aimed at a different audience; AoV, though certainly a better game than ML and on par with VG in many ways, is dying also.

If Wild Rift provides an experience similar to LoL on mobile, it will almost certainly kill AoV, and it’s likely to seal VG’s fate as well.

As I played actively till the CE stage 1, I can say for sure that bugs and lags are insane. Also as I played super actively from December 2016 iirc, I can also say that up till 2.8 the game was insanely smooth and from there with the 5vs5 preparation and especially launch/post launch - things got worse fast in all modes. I guess they scaled down their infrastructure to save money and this leaded to the poorer experience. Bugs was also something I didn’t see in my face at all during the gold 3vs3 period… I really didn’t found any, that doesn’t mean there was no bugs, but not game breaking or “in your face” type of like those now.

Especially in the last year a lot of new bugs was introduced and none of the 5vs5 launch introduced bugs fixed. As for the de-sync - who remembers the Q/A where they said it will be fixed? I am sure they planned just to scale up the servers thinking the money flow will turn around and when it did not - they abandoned the idea as it was going to cost them money. Not to mention the messy code that got even messier with 5vs5 fiasco where a lot of thing was implemented half baked code wise, I feel.

So there you have it. About the last part - miss plays or die, never happened to me in 3vs3 exception are few times (that confirms it’s server side thing, but won’t go into details as it’s long enough wall of text) counting for 1% of the playtime. Happened a lot of times and almost every game in 5vs5 + ruined the enjoyment and people were constantly “teleport to home” to fix their position… in fights that’s not viable as you can guess and it’s really good when you try for example to land lance A and you teleport every single A during the game. My ISP or net is not the issue, confirmed and tested.

Who will play a featureless MOBA, without new content, without any real support and development, without friends list, without stats, with super small player base that is fragmented, that is buggy as hell and also de-sync like its 1997 modem times? Add the salt to spend 1k$ just before everything go downhill quality wise for the pleasure to end up playing that. And they tell me - relax, you got all the skins. Great, I had them all, minus few that I got the ICE to buy… but I don’t see some of my LE/exclusive end of season skins. Yeah, like that’s the biggest issue right now. NP, China players are playing the game like nothing happened - great for them.

1 Like

I really wonder what vg would have been if they had just used ads. Just that one thing. I mean there’s sticking to your guns and then there’s not even attempting to do something that has been proven successful.