Vainglory's heroes are slowly becoming too repetitive

I see where he’s coming from, and I’m trying to relate, but don’t wholly agree. His points aren’t lost by any means.

2 Likes

I do too to an extent but than i realize the abilities and playstyles do differ a lot

1 Like

Lol. VG skills are: 40% dashed 40% skillshots 20% ults. I have noticed it about a year ago

1 Like

Everyone makes fun of ML, but tbh their hero design is much more creative and fun. They arent scared to implement heroes with crazy fun skills. They have Fanny with the cable mechanic making flashy plays for days . They have heroes like Johnson who can turn into a car and drive his teammates around the map. Angela and Xeniel from AOV who can teleport and help allies from wherever. Heroes with the ability to fly across the map, fly through obstacles and make physical walls, blind the whole team’s vision, turn enemies into a pet, drag enemies like a dog or even make a clone like Zhask. I stopped playing AOV and ML but still watching videos about their new heroes, it feels like they add new mechanics every time.
Malene is fun and her kit is unique - I dont deny it. But her kit is a combination of old skills and old mechanics (projectile, root, slow, invulnerability, barrier, speed boost, empowered basic attack). Kagura has also 6 skills as well, but her kit works around the umbrella, which is so genius. When I first played Kagura, I was amazed by how her skills make so much sense when combo them together and uniqueness is just on point.
Churn, Skye and Samuel are heroes in VG that I feel satisfied to play because how their skills work together. Ozo is also fun, never seen anything like acrobounce before. But it’s not enough, VG needs more crazy stuff, crazy skills and new mechanics added to the game.

2 Likes

New mechanics don’t make them good. Plenty of moba games have flopped due to too much or too complicated

1 Like

The issue is that no matter what game you play having a dash, projectile, poke etc is that they are all so versatile. SMEC tries to make each variant different, Vox dash is way different then Reza’s dash, BUT they are dashes.

Everyone wants to see new mechanics but in all honesty straying too far away from the core is just gonna lead to balancing problems and unpopularity in the future. Just look at Ozo the coolest monkey in the jungle nobody plays him because he feels weak/too hard to play. Ozo doesn’t get outclassed by anyone bc he falls under a unique category as his characteristic is to bounce. Bouncing is lit but only a couple of players can actually make perfect use of it. And then comes the balancing issues. Shouldn’t he have 3 bounces in 3v3 and 5 in 5v5?? He can’t because that change directly affects the ability not entity spawning (like Fort ult). He’ll become OPOPOP if he gets 5 bounces anyways bc anyone who has enough IQ to combo properly will go fight in 2v1s bc ally --> enemy --> ally --> enemy --> ally. You probably don’t even need to use your A bc that combo can give you a kill and a safe retreat. You can just do it the other way around to maximize your damage. Other examples would be Lorelai, sometime in the future Malene (unless if they completely change her to a top lane mage support), Lance, Churnwalker (good spot right now tbh but they’re obviously gonna increase chain damage and then revert it back again, WHICH THEY BASICALLY ALWAYS DO) and etc.

TLDR: New mechanics are mad flashy and cool when implemented properly (Baptiste fear), completely unnoticed (Sam’s sleep) and broken/useless from time to time (Ozo, or at least has the possiblity to be that way). New hero might be basic AF but in all honesty he has a skill cap because of the way his abilities are revolving around his B (some can consider this a new mechanic but similar implementations have been done to the likes of Lorelai).

3 Likes

I agree with this, there is no need to give every new hero new mechanics, but you have to agree that this new hero, Kenshei, seems… meh, and so was tony (who had a new mechanic). At least IMO.

I agree with you but about the acrobounce, SEMC have already talked about the numbers. 5 bounces and Ozo dies before he lands. 5 bounces might be fun but they need to change it a bit imo. Just doing damage 5 times would either not be enough or be too OP I think. Hard to get the correct numbers on that. Also I really think he would be muuuuuch stronger if they let him bounce off of some walls or something.

Bounce of minion heads and ontop of turrets

“dare me to do a backflip of that turret”- ozo
"If only you could"- me

1 Like

You can bounce off minions no? And yeah I totally agree he should be able to jump on turrets. But I think there was a reason for him not to (not exactly sure though).

1 Like

“Dare me to be a better hero?” - Ozo

Still waiting

1 Like

Well jumping on it would mean turret couldn’t hit him

He’s the best money that will ever be

I’m just waiting for the day Ozo gets a huge buff and they release a God Ozo skin and the background music for everything is gonna be OZOOZOZOZOZO. Best update because it has best fan service.

2 Likes

Boring on paper but probably really fun in game his B ability is gonna make him have so much counterplay lol or he might end up straight up broken but hey at least Malene can be played in ranked.

Nah, Summer Party Ozo where he goes to a nude beach would be best fanservice :wink:

Who says that skin can’t also be called God :wink: :blush:

God ozo is gonna just be a ball of light floating with a money shadow

snare is pretty interesting… oh wait there aren’t any snares in this game ;_;