Vainglory interpretation of dwarves

According to his lore, Tony is a dwarf, yet he has this big sweaty looks to him, with bulging muscles and pecs, is well-toned and he’s definitely not looking SHORT.

My first ‘skirmishes’ with this fictional entity called ‘Dwarf’ is in the Dragon Age universe, they are portrayed as short and sturdy yet not even close to bordering muscly, and well-versed in mining and metalwork. Every TV series, movies, games and fandoms to incorporate dwarves into their universe follows this trope. VG, however, does not. I’m going to assume Tony’s physical features are the standard build of dwarf that lives in Mont Lille and it’s vicinity, and they masters mining and technology instead of metalworking. SEMC, you guys are a trailblazer.

I’d love to see more of this Vainglory dwarves. They’re different than most dwarf, and while different doesn’t mean better, it’s a job well done.

1 Like

There are many interpretation of Dwarves. VG’s is nothing unique. Their are plenty of Dwarves seen as muscular in media. Honestly type in Dwarves in Google search and you’ll see. I’d honestly say that VG’S interpretation is pretty standard except more futuristic. Dwarves are always portrayed as blacksmiths/warriors.

3 Likes

CS Lewis made muscular dwarves with pointy faces before video games and colour tv existed…

2 Likes

Lookin’ for those muscles but I can’t find them.

1 Like

He is wearing a coat of armour and his muscles are described.

The artist drawing this is not CS Lewis himself

I never see any female dwarves on media or other game
Maybe SEMC should make 1

3 Likes

This is exactly what I like about Tony’s design. This is like the first time ever I actually like a dwarf character.
Because leave it to SEMC to make dwarves actually attractive lol.

Never watch Lord of the Rings? There are some pretty badass dwarf warriors.

would be cool if kestrel could throw tony to activate his ult…

1 Like

Self reply, SKIN IDEA would be epic.

Yes I’m well aware, thank you, I was just making a joke.

1 Like

ikr. if VG created a hero like this i would be pumped to play VG
images-1
imagine a freaking dwarf riding a warhog and bashing your enemies with your hammer damn.

“Nobody tosses a Dwarf!”
“Toss me, but don’t tell the elf!!”

It was Aragorn son of Arathorn who made a sport out of dwarf tossing.

oh right, so every human hero should be able to do this, unless a hero with pointy ears is in the game (or in vision range). or they could at least make a voice line reference about it. would be really cool.

1 Like

Fusion heroes where heroes can mount Grumpjaw or Fortress or other animalistic heroes and one hero controls movement and gains bonus health for the both of them while the mounter decides the attack value and attacks.

1 Like

i thought this thread would be complaining about the dwarfs uwu

i’d like to complain about the dwarves being mean to tony

2 Likes