Vainglory interest via google trends

Uh, sure.

Do you have any benchmarks to support that claim of yours?

3 Likes

I really don’t feel like getting into an argument over the state of PCs versus mobile devices, especially in a topic that has nothing much to do with that. Not sure why you feel that you want to do so – my original remark was intended to reflect the remarkable capabilities of the latest mobile devices and how they’ve surpassed many of the PCs you see sold new in stores. I don’t have specific benchmarks or articles to reference, and I don’t feel like spending the time to gather the data just because you want to argue about it, despite having cited nothing to back up your own assertions.

Let’s get this back on the original topic, please.

2 Likes
  1. Uh, tons of threads on this board organically arch into different topics all the time. Real life conversations often do the same exact thing. It’s perfectly natural. That’s how humans typically converse with one another on a casual level.

2. I was just asking you for a benchmark writeup or two to suppprt your claim because, in all honesty, I’m a bit skeptical of its authenticity for a myriad of reasons. Hell, even a video with a side-by-side comparison of a 400 dollar PC vs a 400 dollar smart phone playing, I don’t know, Fortnite or something, would have sufficed.

You made the initial statement that the performance gulf between your average PC and your average smartphone was getting thinner with every passing month without supplying any links whatsoever to any sort of credible source that showcased the power of the latest smartphones with that of the latest personal computers.

Not sure why you’re getting annoyed here. You kind of opened this can of worms yourself lol.

2 Likes

Anyways, I have always wonder, even back in 2015, why VG kept their analytical data a secret. I mean back then they were looking ok and still stable but still kept it hidden…

Lemme edit that so i dont get in trouble UwU

1 Like

They’ve always treated any sort of information about their player base as a corporate secret. They share literally nothing with the community, and they prohibit any attempts to estimate the player base using the API.

I have no firsthand data about the size of the player base, but I CAN say from data I’ve collected or seen myself that the number of deeply engaged players (those who do things like join Discord servers or forums like this one, etc.) is WAY down from just 6 or 8 months ago.

How that reflects the overall player base is anyone’s guess, though. But it can’t be good for the health of the game.

4 Likes