Update 4.10 New Content

Looks tacky :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Yeah his animation looks a bit weird…

That means no Samuel skin :frowning:

Whyyyyyyyy? It’s been forever since the last one.

Ugh. I love the Taizen look but its way to edgy for me. Blond hair with a red streak would have look just as good… Taizen Boss Kensei is still the best in the line.

Its edgy but not the good kind (Samuel).

1 Like

Update notes are out … didn’t seem worthy of a new thread in #announcements-and-news, tbh. Extremely anemic update.

1 Like

Yup… While I do find a seemingly simple hero a slightly refreshing, this update is just another usual hero/skin addition with some balance changes with nothing more. Tbh I don’t really understand why they’re still showing off sales as a notable part of the update considering all of the other recent ones have had them as well and they’re basically a given at this point…

4 Likes

There isnt any balance changes actually, just skins and a new hero

2 Likes

Not yet release?? Maybe… idk… no maybe… not.

Damn that’s a simple kit. I mean jeez. Unless you’re under threat and need to teleport you’re just going to spam A until you can ult…which is a spammed A. lmao

I can’t wait until an NA WR because VG looks like it’s going down the path of beaten cash horse.

1 Like

And that new hero has a really low skill cap and obviously deals insanse damage. His B also makes him really hard to kill, needless to say a perma ban in ranked.

2 Likes

Ummmm I like assassins and evasive heroes, but this dude’s b makes it seem like he teleports a short distance and also gains a buff that allows him to walk through obstacles. That’s pretty tosic ngl. The kit is super simple meaning balancing will be even harder. Big numbers gud, lower numbers bad.

Even the style of the hero doesn’t seem vg at all. I thought for a second he was a hero from another moba

1 Like

I don’t think it works like that, I think it’s just like WP Idris’ blink, maybe with a slightly larger range.

1 Like

Its still annoying. So much Carrys with blinks. Theres barely any counter play to that…

They also said before blinking, he becomes a “Blur”. I hope it isnt some sort of invisibility.

I think this is a good new way instead of the massive amount of CC we are having in the game. There are not many blinks, Idris and Anka are the only two blink heroes right now.

And Miho…

Anka and Miho are still really strong and the only reason why Idris is so weak is obviously negligence in balancing his WP side.

This will be our fourth hero with a blink and unlike the three past contenders, Karas is a RANGED carry with a blink while the others are MELEE. They have natural disadvantage, Karas doesnt.

Thats why we need items. VG is by far one of the closest mobas to a PC lvl unlike AoV and ML, so VG doesnt need to keep the item tree simple and short.

Also it reminded how 3v3 was plagued by MS abilities and Semcs decision (what I think) was to give Lyra a huge AoE snare. And look what that did, completely shutdown a class/aspect of heros. Putting solutions to these problems into a heros kit (most of the time) is not a great way to go about this.

4 Likes

“ Karas uses his wind magic, becoming a Blur, and teleporting to the chosen position. Blur also allows Karas to pass through impassable terrain.” From the balance notes.

Ok so all of our teleporters and blinkers already can cross walls, so why specify it here? It says he gains a blur state and teleports somewhere. My inference is the blur state allows him to walk through walls for a second to get close ranges with his teleport. Otherwise, why make blur a state at all?

I think they’re assuming some people don’t know that some abilities let you pass through walls. From the video it just looks like a regular blink, not a different state. I don’t know why the description is so weird. Maybe dumbing down the information. But yeah the video doesn’t show any change or empowerment animations at all. Just a teleport.

In general I think vg has been trying to go down the road of appealing to a more casual audience for a long time and unless something is special about this Blur, that description just cements it.

1 Like

Oh forgot Miho, but it’s because of the barrier, stunt and A reset whenever she uses B 3 times and ult that makes she strong, which means it’s her cc and I think it’s more of a cc problem.
Anka is pretty strong but she is fragile, unlike Miho, and they decided to buff her A range.
For Karas, B is the only thing he has to survive while Miho has barrier and A reset, Anka and Idris has their ult and blinks.

What does this mean, massive shutdown?