Update 4.1 Bug Hunt

I suppose it’s pretty unlikely for SEMC choosing to leave something like that out just because they couldn’t be bothered, so it’s more likely to be an oversight or something that just got forgotten. I say laziness more because something that seemed glaringly obvious to me (it’s right in my face every time a match ends on that side) wouldn’t be picked up immediately in testing. It seems to me they must’ve seen it and just been like “oh well whatever”, and that is lazy.

Well what @MacAulay said in terms of it being noticeable on review is valid. I called it lazy because it has the sense of just being left there, even if it was an honest mistake.

You don’t think they actually test every single aspect of the game with each release, do you? Especially for something like this, which is just a swap of a texture file?

Nah, that’s silly. It’s literally copying a single texture file, possibly two, if the areas around the crystals are in separate files.

I find it kind of remarkable that you’d assume that if they’d noticed it, they wouldn’t have fixed it.

That doesn’t say much of your guys’ opinions of the people that work at SEMC … I don’t mean the decision makers — I don’t have a high opinion of them myself — but the engineers and artists who DO take pride in their work and work their butts off to bring us the game we enjoy.

Yeah but they must play a few games in testing, right? To check everything runs smoothly? It just seems really unlikely to me that they wouldn’t have noticed it.

Have you ever participated in a beta? If so, you know that even up to the last minute, changes are being made to the art, scripting, etc.

I’d be willing to bet a fair amount of money that the map assets were swapped during the packaging of the final release build, and one file got missed.

That certainly makes more sense to me than someone deciding not to bother doing their job.

No, you’re right. I have very little knowledge of how these things are done, so I’m probably wrong there.

I mean I could argue they’d have fixed it in a hotfix but if it’s just a visual bug they probably think not worth it and I can understand that.

That’s the thing though; I didn’t mean laziness in regards to the people who invest heavily in perfecting their craft as much as possible. A mistake is understandable within relevance. I mean that to miss something like this on review, where perfecting your craft means catching the obvious at minimum, this is kinda obvious, and therefore inferred to be just left there even if noticed, since the assumption is someone would have noticed something so obvious. That’s why it seemed lazy to me.

But then I thought to myself that even though its obvious, it isn’t stark, doesn’t quite meet the test for un-missable, so that’s why initially I said lazy but then said wait.

There are literally 15+ game braking bugs that I will put forward of that one. :smiley:
Otherwise I don’t think it’s laziness, it’s no QA + someone failing to replace the texture (as you said, actually).

I doubt they realize the texture that’s in the current build is incorrect or they would indeed have included the correct file in the latest “hotfix” (which is a terrible term, actually, but that’s for another discussion).

That’s why I asked for the video/screenshot (which you helpfully posted!) – that way they can see at a glance what’s wrong and identify at a glance the texture file that’s incorrect.

1 Like

I think this bug is tricky because you seeing it from the easy to fix angle , while I see it from the useless bug angle , I noticed it and it happens after the crystal get destroyed , I don’t care about the map after destroying the crystal , I taunt or go back to base , we don’t have crystal getting destroyed animation after a surrender , so you have to try hard and enemy not giving up to see the crystal animation and the winter map .

Encountered yet another layout error, this time on the home screen: the News and Academy icons are overlapping, and tapping that spot opens the Academy.

3 Likes

Yeah where is the leaderboard , It was useful to check my friendlist elo points .

1 Like

They’ve removed the leaderboard feature as of last Friday, it seems.

2 Likes

Removed, or is it just the bug where all those icons are stacked on top of each other? Edit: the one a couple posts up that is now a picture of a cat… yeah, looks like the icon is gone entirely, or there’s a transparency bug too. Who knows. Nothing’s been said, nothing’s real anymore, what is life?

Without telling us ?! , the leaderboard is important I want to see the top 100 and my friendlist elo points and how many games they played .

Yeah, removed – it was pointed out on the official Discord a few days ago.

1 Like

They kind of fired everyone who was responsible for communicating with the community, so …

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fortress in 4.1

4 posts were split to a new topic: Fortress in 4.1