Update 4.1 Bug Hunt

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I haven’t seen it (it just seemed like an obvious one to me) but at the end of a match on the Halcyon fold, the map reverts to being the winter map. I mean after the vain crystal explodes.

4 Likes

In what mode? :open_mouth: It doesn’t seem to happen in Rumble matches …

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. It’s a Narnia moment lol. Is it popping back into the winter map, or is there an ambient light or texture thats switching off or something?

tumnus%20and%20lucy

(Illustration by Pauline Baynes)

1 Like

My game crashed but I don’t have anything solid to blame , but I noticed in one of the games a guy crashed a lot in my team against certain players , the next game he was in my team and against the same players and my game started crashing too , I thought he was afking intentionally in our last game but once I started crashing frequently I thought there is something wrong , I switched to my NA account and my games were smooth , so the players in the EU server that I was against probably did something make our game crash , no evidence but why my games were smooth in the NA server and why against that duoq players .

What even …??? That’s such a non sequitur that I’m stumped as to how to refute it.

We agree on one thing, at least. :wink:

To be less snarky: The other players didn’t crash your game, SEMC’s crappy code did. Vainglory’s netcode is notoriously sketchy, and that – combined with the usual vagaries of network latency and jitter – is the likely explanation.

So, your post got me wondering whether the infamous scout trap bug had been fixed. This was a known issue with VG for quite some time: essentially you could exceed the number of objects the engine could handle by placing scout traps all over the place. When you hit the limit, weird things began to happen: the minions would become invisible, for example, and it was possible that the game would crash. So, in the interest of science, I tested it:

Sadly, all that happens now when you near the maximum number of objects is that (1) sometimes the scout trap fails to show any animation, and (2) eventually, the game removes an existing scout trap for each new one placed. No more invisible minions. :minions_sad_t1: So it looks like that bug at least is fixed.

It’s as the vain Crystal explodes. Y’know there’s that flash and the ground becomes scarred (there’s like a small uneven crater around where the vain was). It’s that screen that’s the winter map.

@hazeleyes happening to me in 3v3 ranked.

1 Like

Any way you could get a screenshot or vid of it to post here? Also, does it show up in the replay as well?

Not sure about replay, I’ll get a vid and find out this afternoon when I get home. I think it’s just a kind of background overlay for the ground, cause the structures (walls + objects) around the edge of the map are still the current ones, like they should be.

1 Like

I know this bug still exist because a guy did it in my rumble game and I couldn’t play everything was slow motion he started putting mines once the game started , what Iam thinking of is something like the chat bug , I see people crashing in my games once , but in my game my teammate crashed probably 3 times and the same thing happened to me the game after , in my recent games I didn’t crash both EU and NA.

Need proof, because that’s not what my testing just showed.

I give up. :lyra:

then why a guy pick a hero in rumble and never leave , he stayed in the base buying mines and putting them there the whole game , it was a rumble game I don’t think there is someone mad from the draft in a rumble game and start ruining the game for everyone , probably he planned this and doing it for fun .

Ahh I remember the good old days when my brothers and I used to use this troll tactic in matches to stop enemy Patels spawning munions.

1 Like

Ok so as per request @hazeleyes I managed to get a video (this took me forever, I had to intentionally lose a bot match, and then do it a second time cause it didn’t save my recording the first).

Let me note:

• It does happen in the Replay
  • It happens on both sides of the map, but it’s far more noticeable on the A side (hence having to lose the bot match)

Sorry about the messy camera, I can’t use the replay feature to save my life.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s crazy!!! :open_mouth:

Woah the vain explosion is so powerful that it literally reverses time around it.

5 Likes

Yeah. Basically SEMC must’ve either forgotten, or were just straight up too lazy to update the post-crystal-explosion map.

1 Like

The lulz at that visual bug. That is definitely laziness. Has to be.

Wait yeah they could have forgot to update.

It’s not laziness, it’s a mistake. Most likely someone failed to replace that texture file when they were changing the assets for the map change.

Edit: I’m kind of intrigued by both you and @TheInterpreter mentioning laziness as a possible explanation for the bug, when it wouldn’t have been in my top 50 choices. Why does this particular bug imply laziness to you?

1 Like