Update 4.0 Early Impressions

10-20% more damage to enemies with higher health, it says nothing about it being based of the enemy health, it’s just comparing the two heroes’ health.

Increased damage, no bonus damage or damage based on enemy’s health.

mmmm is he supposed to be anti tank meta , if they want him to be anti tank he should be dealing damage based on enemy maximum health or bonus health , a percentage of the damage means nothing in my opinion , unless you make it a breaking point perk .

They simplified the passive, which made him far stronger against squishy targets, weaker against tanks, and gave him a more lineal scaling. His early game was made stronger and his late game weaker. He is no longer a tank assassin. His identity was completely changed, which is why @VaKTaBi was complaining.

1 Like

They nerfed krul and reim Melee strength and they now added Kensei to them , all for the new hero to shine .

Kensei was not nerfed, in fact, he was buffed, but now he lost his identity as a late game assassin of tanks

1 Like

Wait I haven’t tried Kensei but how do they manage to do the COMPLETE opposite with a change than what they intended to do with it?

ATLEAST he isnt as weak as before. Every sustain melee hero cries when they see a Kensei build :vgitem_sorrowblade: :vgitem_breakingpoint: :vgitem_poisonedshiv: since he now has relevant damage towards everyone besides Tanks.

I would say that finally Kensei = BF on the same build and it just comes down to whos more mechanically skilled.

Not that bad of a change.

With that changes in his damage, his damage against tanks remain the same, but against squishies his damage was almost duplicated. His barrier got buffed agains squishy targets but nerfed to half against tanks, so he got nerfed really hard against high health heroes but got a great buff against squishies. His damage now is like any other bruiser, but has more mobility and health barriers, so basically he can deal great damage to range carries, but bruisers outsustain him.

Edit: he can beat bruisers, but now is not as if you counters them, Kensei beats them just because he is stronger, not thanks of that 20% bonus damage or thanks to his kit being a tank slayer

Can he beat the new hero ? And what is the build ?

Does kenseis perk work against non heroes like turrets, dragons, crystal, etc?

Is that an actual buff or a text bug - might play some Rona

Its not a buff, it was sarcasm due to the unbelievable height the damage display is at.

So its a bug, look at my items and at the base crystal damage. San Fengs B at max has 800 damage, and Ronas A has 3010 damage? No

1 Like

Mine was meant as sarcasm as well - I routinely hate on Rona and Trashjaw, given they aren’t my playstyle - but thanks for answering :joy:

2 Likes

Ill admit Im still triggered a lil bit hence the reason for my fastfire response. :sneezing_face::sleepy::joy:

Nop, only against heroes, i think. Im not sure about that, but i doubt It. I would need to test It though.

I didn’t tested that. Kensei’s build is SM, BP and BS

No, it doesn’t (Tested), his passive only works against enemy heroes

1 Like

And also works against jungle monsters but not bosses.

First impressions eh? Here’s mine.

• San Feng is decent. I thought he was going to be bustes due to his B’s high damage, but he doesn’t seem to be performing well. Though, it could be just release jitters and players are still trying to figure things out. I think his key strengths lies in his anti-cc and ult.

• Rumble is fun. I played it more than Blitz today of all things, and I usually play Blitz a lot in a day. The marches are a bit sweaty and skewed compared to ARAM, since everyone has the element of choice for their heroes. I have played Vox and San Feng in Rumble today, but the star of my games is Varya. I feel so good frying people up and aiding through my ult. So easy to deny Kraken if I’m have her ult up.

• PC version is much better, but my laptop can’t even run normally without overheating… you get the picture. Quite pretty though.

• 4.0 made me feel like arguing about Talents and loot boxes. I mean, why did they disable all the loot boxes aside from the Rare Chest, Epic Chest and the Talent Chests?

That’s all for now. Haven’t seen much of some heroes to judge whether their balance changes had much impact.

1 Like

I mean I am not saying it’s bad that he’s viable (if he is, don’t know yet) but how do they manage to give him special perk that deals damage to tanks and he’s weakest against tanks lol? How do they manage to do that?