Update 4.0 Bug Hunt

Post 'em here, folks!

1 Like

And the first bug is chat names in draft are replaced with internal ID of sort or smth. Seriously, didn’t ANYONE noticed that one? :smiley:

Edit: btw, I have also iphone 6s, the update is not on the app store (Europe if it matters).

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s apparently the MAC address of your device.

Update: I’ve seen it in chat now, and it is more likely the player ID that’s used internally (and is available via the API). It’s not really a big deal, other than looking ridiculous.

2 Likes

Looks like I’m not using the in-game chat for the time being. Don’t wanna dox myself. I barely use it anyways tho lol

2 Likes

If u sent something and then reopen the game, u will see yourself like a another player (red and left side).

2 Likes

Does anyone else think the new friends list looks like :new_poop:?

If I were TRYING to make it unusable and ugly I couldn’t have done a better job than they did.

5 Likes

It feels like… umm… superior cheap design. But i like the animation of opening lists. And i can open my ‘offline’ list finally (I’ll delete them all :blush:). But 3.10 design was really great, i hope they bring back. :frowning:

1 Like

They seem to have forgotten to update the quest text …

3 Likes

Yep. The old one was better looking and better for using.

5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Update 4.0 Early Impressions

Maybe they want us to solo queue more? I want to avoid the new social screen so badly that it’s what I’m going to end up doing. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

I just had a match crash bug on iOS. Probably 20 mins into a match, the screen goes to the hero matching screen. I waited 20 seconds and then closed the app, expecting to hop back in. Nope. I just went to the home screen. iOS crashes are very rare.

1 Like

if you really want to know, I went 2/6/? because i fought against the opposite laner which was Celeste top :upside_down_face:

Also another minor bug is hat placement

I too wear my crown like that.

6 Likes

Heh, she actually wears her hats for that skin that way.

Some skins have Hats placed where players don’t expect them.

For example, Killer Bunny Rona as you have shown, and Dire Fortress where the hat ends up on the head of the doll on his back (which is cute and makes the skin so much more worth it).

2 Likes

Hmm… some posts here are not really bugs, but ok.

The bugs I have encountered so far:

• The “I’ll shoot down here” bug.

For some reason, skillshots have a high tendency to shoot downwards parallel to the hero’s positioning. It’s very consistent, and hard to control cause tapping the ability brings up the targeting circle which is immediately closed to release the skillshot.

Considering what I have seen, the bug seems to be related to the tap zones where ability icons are on mobile devices. I feel like the tap/pressure zones where abilities are registering the taps on them onto the targeting reticles, thus, causing the skill shot to release promptly.

• The “Chat Notifications are cryptid” bug.

This one is a bit hard to explain. In essensence, I have received messages from my Guilf chat while the app is closed, but they end up weirdly symbols and text up on my phones notifications.

I have not encountered other bugs so far I think.

3 Likes

This. Stick to bug reports, people. Other posts will get moved.

The skillshots bug is related to the casting ability thing in settings , I was testing reim and Celeste and I end up casting my A’s down , until I went to settings and found the update unchecked (cast ability directly) box , so I checked the box and things got fixed .

3 Likes

Yep, I noticed exactly the same thing during a practice match. Turns out that in 4.0, this box is unchecked by default, no matter how you had it set previously.

2 Likes

Yeah rip new players they going to struggle with casting abilities , I hope semc fix it .

2 Likes